Chapter 69

"Impressive," I mumbled as I looked at another artwork. This one seemed a bit darker than the rest. It was in shades of white, black and gray. It was a person being tugged in different directions by many hands. I couldn't help but relate to the work.

"I couldn't sleep one night so I stayed up painting this," a deep voice spoke behind me. "You're very talented," I admitted.

"I'm sorry for what happened," he spoke in a hush tone before walking away.

His statement caught me off guard and I turned around to see the guy sitting at his desk with a smirk on his face before looking at the other girls. This guy was honestly hot without a doubt. His eyes were like a blue ocean and his hair was the color was honey. He wore a suit but it was clear he was built under and has some tattoos as they shown by his neck and his hands and knuckles.

He started to talk towards Lexi and Sugar but my mind drowned everything out as my eyes focused more on this guy. Something about him made me curious like I've seen him before but I would remember a face like his if I met him before. He surely is handsome.

I heightened my senses and took a sniff at his scent. It was nice but it didn't trigger any memory. Why did he look so familiar? He seemed to noticed me staring intensely because his eyes trailed across the room and stopped on me. "It's not nice to stare at people," he spoke in a monotone.

"Sorry," I found myself mumbling. He opened to say something but I cut him off, "Have I seen you before by any chance?" I asked causing the girls to gasp. I looked to them to see their eyes widened in shock at me before glaring at me.

"You will show him respect! No one cuts off -"

The guy held his hand up by his desk causing Sugar to shut up. He then shook his head at me, "No, we haven't met...officially."

Officially? I then focused as I tried to read his mind.

"Don't do that," he glared a bit annoyed as if he knew what I was doing. Either way, I couldn't read his mind. Who was this guy?!

He then started to talk to the other girls again and I turned around to look at the other paintings before examining his office, trying to find out anything else about this guy. The door closed and I looked to see the guy who had bought the girls and I up were no longer in the room. Looking to the girls I saw they were still stilling in front the guy's desk.

I walked around the room as he continued to talk to the girls. I then made my way behind his desk behind him and looked at the art on the wall. Turning around, I say the girls and him was now staring at me. I let out a sigh and leaned against his desk on the same side of him.

"Curiosity killed the cat you know," he spoke staring at me as he leaned back in his chair. "Then luck for me because I'm not a cat," I shrugged causing him to smirk.

"You really don't remember me?" he questioned. I slowly shook my eyes, "Honestly, no."

He let out a chuckle and shook his head before turning his attention to the girls. My eyes then trailed to his neck as I saw his birthmark. The image flashed through my head and my eyes widened and I knew who it was. I never thought I would see the day I see my childhood friend. We used to live next to each other before my parents made me and some of my brothers move into a bigger house. I was about 5 or 6 years old.

"Honey!" I mumbled as I remembered the nickname I gave him when we were small. His eyebrow rose and a smirk rose to his face before he turned on his chair to. "Finally remembered, huh?" he chuckled.

I let out a squeal and jumped on top of him before hugging him. He let out a laugh and hugged me back. I then pulled away and cupped his face with a frown, "I'm so sorry for never trying to reach you. We were best friends. What happened to you?" I asked a bit sad.