Chapter 49

"Are you okay?" I asked Isabella as she was now crying in the middle of the courtroom. Her trailed had just ended and it was clear what the judge ruling was going to be.

She nodded her and wrapped me in a hug, "Thank you so much," she whispered to which I hugged her back. "Anytime," I mumbled a bit shock. She was crying out of joy. Her punishment was house arrest for 5 months. Nothing too drastic. We then released from the hug and she waved at Lucifer, Grayson and I before a cop took her away to go over the procedure.

I then looked to Grayson to see him smiling at me to which I smiled back. "And you? Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded my head with a smile. "Yes, and yourself?"

"I'm fine but I have to go with Henry to the Organization Center for them to approve me. It may take a few days because of the tests but I look forward to living with you and the guy after," he replied as he hugged me. I hugged him back, "I'm glad you're going to be joining us," I informed him before he released me and left with Henry.

Letting out a sigh, I turned on my heels and walked out of the courtroom.

"Do you want to grab lunch?" Lucifer questioned as he was walking behind me. I shook my head, "No, I'm not hungry," I admitted.

He then grabbed my hand and turned me around so I was now looking at him. "Can we talk?" he asked.

"We're talking right now," I mumbled as I yanked my hand out of his holding. He let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his head, "I mean about yesterday. Why can't you just accept that I don't want kids?" he asked.

"Because I want a future and a family," I replied.

He shook his head, "But you already have a family and as for your future, you'll be ruling all of Hell with me. You'll have your own Kingdom and have so much power. You could have anything you want and do whatever you want," he stated.

"That's a future for you?" I asked.

He nodded his head, "Ruling over Hell is like ruling over life itself. How could you not want this future with me?" he asked confused.

"Because having power over someone doesn't give me the excitement it gives you. Ruling Hell is just casual for you. I get it could be cool and all but it's not all to life. Maybe you're afraid of change and bring kids into the picture is scary for you. Maybe you just don't want kids before you've never had a family of your own and it scares you. Ruling Hell is maybe your life, but it certainly isn't my life. Being Queen would be awesome but it doesn't mean it would bring me happiness. The guys and I are filthy rich and sure, it makes us happy but it can't permanently make us happy like how we had each other."

"We came from a poor background and got lucky. We often decide to do our best to help protect people. Every time they go on a mission, it's so families could live a normal life and bombs aren't going off 24/7 or wars starting every other day. I'm immortal now. I used to wish to be immortal when I was human and on missions with the guys but now that I am immortal, I hate it."

"Part of me is thankful because I would have been dead a while now but the other part of me is miserable. I hate not being able to feel pain or figure out peoples emotions instead of feeling them. I hate reading minds and I hate that my eyes are still black. I hate not living in fear knowing I'm going to be alive the next day because I'm immortal. Hell maybe happiness for you but it isn't for me. Family makes me happy," I explained before turning on my heels and leveling the facility.

Lucifer POV

I watched as Skylar turned on her heels and headed to walk out the building with her hair swaying behind her. Her white and blue floral dress gripped onto her body figure and her heels clacked against the marble floor as she walked across it until she was out of the building.

Letting out a groan of anger and annoyance, I walked into a men's bathroom and flashed into Axel's house.

"AXEL!" I shouted from the top of my lungs as I walked into the living room.

I heard a scoff coming from the kitchen to which I walked into. "We have a fucking door and not to mention, a fucking doorbell as well," Axel hissed as he was sitting by the island, sipping on a beer. His girlfriend was also in here but she was cooking.

"Hi, would you like some lunch? I'm making burgers," she chirped as she saw me.

I shook my head, "No, thanks," I mumbled.

Axel then rose his eyebrow to which I glared at him. "What?" I growled.

He shrugged, "I just never heard a genuine 'thanks' from you in a while," he stated to which I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, did you talk to Sky?" he asked as he got up, took a beer out the fridge and handed it to me. "More like she did the talking. She asked me again why I didn't want kids and I didn't say to which she gave me a huge speech on how Hell was my happiness and family was her happiness and how being immortal is miserable. Like why can't she fucking accept that I don't want kids?" I hissed.

"She's kind of right," Axel stated.

My eyebrow rose, "Which part?" I asked.

He sat there in silence for a few seconds before responding, "Every part. Like sure, Hell is fun sometimes but there's nothing new. Like it will always be there when you come back. Family, however, doesn't last, well unless you're immortal," he stated.

"See, a family doesn't last so why would you want to have one?" I questioned to which he let out a groan. "Babe, a little help here," he spoke to Stella.

She let out a chuckle and turned to look at me. "Having a family means life has its limit so as time goes on, you learn new things and enjoy life more. You face problems and doubt but at the end of the day, you'll work through it because sooner or later, we all die, well the mortal ones of course. Skylar wants a family because she wants to give her kids what she and her brothers never had, a normal family with no violence. She knows it would be almost impossible but she's willing to try. She also knows that while raising them, you will be there by her side."

I sat there in silence as I soaked it all in.

"Why don't you want to have kids if you don't mind me asking?" Stella asked.

I just shrugged and from the corner of my eye, I could see Axel gesturing Stella to give us some privacy. She gave him a quick smile and nod before leaving. Axel then got up and sat down next to me.

"Lucifer, you've got to stop running from the past and face it. I know what Father did was horrible but you've got to own it and live your life but I feel like you already are passed that so why don't you want to have kids?" he asked.

"Because I'm the Devil. I punish people and even kill them. That's not dad qualities," I bluntly replied.

"Lu, just because you are the Devil doesn't mean you don't deserve a chance to change or be happy. What cares you the most about having kids?" he asked.

Looking up from my beer, I looked him straight in the eyes, "Being a horrible father."