Chapter 43

Song: Calabria 2008 

After Lucifer had shifted, he spent about 2 minutes taking care of everything before coming back inside.

"What took you so long?" I playfully mocked as he walked towards me. "Don't tempt me little one. I know how much you love my demon form," he growled in a playful tone.

I felt my cheeks heat us as I was now blushing from embarrassment. He let out a chuckle as he shifted back into his human form leaving him in his short. He then planted a kiss on my forehead before heading to the back. I aimed my gun around the corner for safety and walked out the building with everyone trailing behind me. 

Looking around the driveway, I saw there was blood everywhere along with fire and burnt up bodies that was now a pile of ash. Looking around, I found a five seater car and I waved everyone to follow. We jogged over to the car and I unlocked it with my powers before gesturing everyone to get in. I started the car and headed towards the Brustar building. From the rear-view mirror, I could see Charlie smirking in the back seat with Isabella.

He had planned something else as well. I stopped the car and turned in my seat to look at Charlie.

"What are you hiding?" I asked glaring at him to which he just smirked with his tie tied around his mouth. I quickly took my knife out from behind me and pierced it through his right shoulder. He let out a painful groan but I gave zero fucks along with everyone in this car.

"I'm going to ask you one more time," I spoke as I took the tie off him, "What else are you hiding?"

He scoffed at my question, "I'm not telling you shit. I'm going to die either way so why would I even say anything," he hissed.

My eyes blackened as I tried to control my anger from taking control. I focused my powers and read his mind.

"Just wait until those smaller missiles launch tonight. There's no stopping it," his mind spoke.

"Not that I'm not enjoying this but there are people in cars coming over way," Grayson spoke looking straight ahead. We all turned to see there were 3 cars pulling up to us. "Babe," I spoke looking to Lucifer who was now already outside the car in demon form. "It's fine, I got it," he winked before flashing out. One of the car exploded and I looked back to Charlie.

"Where are the missiles," I asked.

His eyes widened in shock as I now knew about his plan. "How does she know about it," his mind spoke again.

"So you going to tell me or do I have to torture it out of you?" I asked out loud.

He rolled his eyes, "As if. This bitch thinks she could get it out of me, then good luck. Even if she does, it would take a while to reach there. Thankful the warehouse is far," his mind went on.

I looked to Isabella, "Where's your warehouse?" I asked causing Charlie's eyes to widened. "Across town. Just take the road you used to drive out of town but go the opposite direction," she instructed.

"Luc-"

"I'm here," he spoke as he flashed himself back into the passenger's seat.

I followed Isabella's instruction and sped down the road. As I was driving, Lucifer took my hand in his. I looked over to him and gave him a warm smile to which he also gave me on before kissing my knuckles.

In the distant, I could hear engines roaring as they went into second gear. Looking in the mirror, I saw some guys on motorcycles and three armored trucks coming up behind us.

"Heads down," I ordered Grayson and Isabella to which she shoved Charlie's head down as well.

I turned in my seat and focused my powers one of the motorcycle guy. I watched as he just stopped driving as he was now dead. The armored truck drove in front us and the doors quickly opened revealing a guy holding a RPG.