Chapter 21

My eyes flickered from Gabe's smirk to behind him. He had white wings that almost dragged to the floor. His feathers looked like a pure white which was nearly impossible to find on Earth but had spots of blood on it. The leader started to fire his gun and I quickly punched through the glass and broke his neck causing him to drop to the floor. 

I looked back to Gabe to see if he was hurt but instead, he was standing in the same spot with his hand held out in front which had stopped the bullets. He put his hand down causing the bullets to drop to the floor.

I walked up to him and stood there baffled at what I was witnessing. "How?" was all I could manage to say.

"Complicated. I have to go though," he spoke turning his back towards me. My eyebrow rose both in confusion and anger. "You can't just leave. I just got you back and you're an angel? What's going on? I have so many questions and you just show up to leave me again?" I blurted out as I grabbed his wrist.

He turned around and gave a soft smile. "Look, I'll explain everything another time but for now, I need to go. You need to go back home. Don't tell the guys or anyone about me. Even if you did, they wouldn't believe you," he replied.

I let out a groan, "Gabe, I can't just let you go. I just freaking buried you like a few hours ago. I deserve to know what's going on. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you're back but this makes no sense and where are you going?" I asked as he turned back on his head walking upstairs.

"Somewhere and you don't have a choice but to let me go. You also don't have to worry about the guys who are eyeing James and them. I took care of it," he spoke before walking through the door.

"You took care of it? How?" I shouted as I ran after him. I walked through the door but saw a bunch of dead bodies laying all over the floor. Gabe was no where to be found.

"Are you fucking serious? You're just going to leave?" I shouted in annoyance.

No replied. Letting out a groan, I flashed back to my lobby to see the guys all roaming around.

"Sky!" one of them called in surprise to which they all turned to look at me. James then emerged into the room and stood in front me with a worried look.

"Are you okay?" he asked as his eyes trailed over my body. I nodded my head, "Fine. I took car of it," I informed him sparing him all the details. He then hugged me to which I hugged him back. He then released me and shot a smile behind me. I turned to see it was Lucifer.

"Thanks for watching over them," I thanked him before giving him a hug. He nodded his head and hugged me back.

We then pulled away.

"Right, well, I need to change and I would like to be left in peace for an hour," I spoke walking up the stairs.

"Really? You just came back," Cody shrieked.

I mentally chuckled a bit remembering how that was my line just a few seconds ago. "I'll be back down. Just give me a few and we could grab dinner or something," I informed them before disappearing down the hall and to my room. 

Locking the doors, I focused and flashed to the back of the house before entering the interrogation room only to see Sean was drinking some water and Crystal and Stella was also in the room. Sean smirked as he saw me causing Stella and Crystal to looking behind them.

"Sky," they both squealed before running to hug me. I hugged them back and looked at Sean who had a look of amusement on his face.

"Judging by the look on your face, I'm guessing I was right?" he rhetorically asked.