Chapter 60

We finally arrived at the diner and everyone managed to fit into one booth by the window. We ordered our food and the guys all talked amongst themselves. I was currently sitting between Darwin and Jonathan who was talking to Nick. I looked to Darwin who was on his phone. I then looked back to the guys who all had their guns with them.

"Is it necessary to have your AK's out in the open like that?" I asked. They all nodded, "In case of a random attack. It happened almost every day," Jonathan informed me.

Seems like a shitty gang. Imagine already owning downtown and a part of uptown. You could honestly take over the whole uptown by now.

"Where did you say you were from?" Darwin asked. "I didn't. I'm from a town called Maple," I lied. Darwin eyed me, "Why the shades?" he asked. I took them off revealing my blackened eyes, "Tattooed my eyes," I shrugged.

"That's crazy but cool," Jack stated to which I gave him a smile. I turned to Darwin who was still glaring at me. "Any more questions?" I asked to which he scoffed and turned his attention back to his phone. Our food soon arrived and we all started to eat. After we finished, I paid for our lunch and we chilled in the booth for a few more whilst Marcel went to use the bathroom.

After a few minutes, he stood in front of our booth stretching. "Let's go. I'm starting to get sleepy," he yawned.

We went to get out the booth but gunshots started to go off causing all the windows to shatter. We all ducked and Marcel fell to the floor. Crawling out the booth, we ran over to Marcel who had been shot in the shoulder near the heart and the other in his right arm. I took off my jacket and ripped it to pieces before tieing it around his shots to keep the blood in.

Gunshots from our side were being exchanged and I looked to see Darwin and his guys to see they were crouched by the window being the wall firing back. I looked to Nick who was by Marcel's side trying to keep him alive.

"Nick, we need your help. There's about 20 of them," Darwin ordered.

Nick went to go but I grab his hand causing him to crouch back down. "Give me a gun. I'll help them. You stay with Marcel," I informed him.

"No! Nick get over here," Darwin ordered in a harsh tone. Nick looked at him then back at me, "Trust me," I assured him. "NICK!" Darwin shouted. Nick let out a sigh, "Sorry but orders are orders," he spoke before running over to Darwin.

I looked to Marcel who was breathing heavily. I sat him up against a wall and he passed me his gun. "Go," he groaned out through the pain.

I grabbed the AK and got up. I walked passed the gunshots and out the diner before firing at the guys that were shooting at us. I shot practically everyone and blew up their cars to which they were now all dead for sure. I looked around to make sure they were all dead before walking back in.

"Give me a bottle of vodka, a first aid kit, and a clean cloth," I ordered the lady who was hiding behind the counter. She quickly nodded before getting up and running into the back room before returning with the bottle, first aid kit, and the cloth. I took it from her and walked over to Marcel where everyone was around him trying to stop him from bleeding. I pushed myself through and sat down in front Marcel. I dropped the AK and ripped his shirt open.

"What are you-"

"Just hush," I cut Darwin off. I opened the kit and passed Nick the thread and needle, "Tread it," I ordered. I grabbed some of the Vodka and poured it into a clean cup.

I then rinsed my hand with some before pouring it over his bullet wounds. "Hold him down," I ordered. The guys held him down and I dug inside to retrieve the bullet. I bullets out one and stitched him up before doing the same to the other. I looked to Marcel who was slowly closing his eyes. I eyed him and listened closely to all his organs. They were properly working. He was just tired.