38

Rina gave birth to a healthy baby boy the day after my birthday and since then it's been a week. This weekend was the Christening party which I booked a ticket to Chicago for.

So, I had my small suitcase packed with all of my stuff as I was going to stay a night there and then fly back home again.

And right now currently I was waiting at the Chicago airport so Tony could come and pick me up. I sat sipping on my coffee to keep my awake because the flight here was so tiring.

"Athena!" I heard my name being called which made me look up to see Tony. I stood up and gave him a hug before he offered to take my case.

"How are you holding up?" He asks and I sighed.

"Could be better. But forget me, how are you new dad?" I cheered poking his arm causing him to laugh.

"It's good actually. He's such a good baby he's not even the hard part but it's Rina. She's harder work with all her hormones everywhere" he says and I laughed as we got into the car.

"She literally started crying as the baby fell asleep because she wanted to look at his pretty eyes" he says and I giggled.

"Ah Rina makes me laugh"  I say as I shook my head.

"One of the reasons I married her" Tony laughs and I smiled at the pure admiration he had for Rina. Their bond was real no matter how much Rina annoyed Tony, he still loved her.

"Are you ready to see the little man?" He asks and I nodded excitedly.

"I can't talk anymore in case I skip the name out and Rina will kill me" He says and I laughed.

The rest of the car ride was quiet with music playing on the radio. I looked at the scenery of Chicago it was beautiful and so nice. Rain and Tony didn't live that far from the airport.

I got out of the car as Tony parked up in the driveway. I looked at the beautiful house and I could see Rina in the window waving. I laughed as I waved at her and Tony led me inside the house.

"Athena!" Rina cheered as she rushed to me and hugged me tightly and I almost stumbled from the impact. I hugged her tightly after finding comfort from someone in weeks.

"Come in" She says as I walked into the warm living room filled with baby presents and balloons. Right in the corner was a baby bassinet where Tony went and lifted the extremely tiny baby out.

"Oh my God" I whispered as Tony handed me the tiny bundled up baby into my arms. I held the precious baby in my arms and I could immediately tell he had strong features from Tony.

"He's so adorable" I say as my fingers stroked his little cheek and he looked up at me with bright blue eyes.

"We decided to name him Leo" Rina says and my heart warmed because that was one of the names I suggested.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief and she nodded.

"It suits him" Tony adds and I nodded in agreement.

"He's beautiful and also does suit him, such a cutie" I cooed and smiled at the baby in my arms.

We both sat down and she told me all about her pregnancy and everything while Tony was ironing Rina's dress to wear to the Christening today. I was actually excited for the Christening as I had never been to one before.

"Also I don't think Shawn is going to come" she says and I turn my head away from the baby to look at her.

Just the mention of his name hurts.

"We've called and texted him but he hasn't replied, so I'm assuming he's not going to be here but it's better for you without him here" she says and I shrugged.

"Honestly Athena I feel so terrible. We were the ones who tried setting you up together" Tony says and I shook my head.

"Tony it's not your fault nor is it Rina's. It's my own fault but it doesn't matter anymore and I don't want to talk about it either" I say and they nodded.

"But you're holding up perfectly fine without him" she says and I shrugged.

"I don't know, to be honest I can't feel anything anymore. I just feel numb, sometimes I feel like there's no point of me being here when I'm not relevant" I say without realising because I was distracted by Leo.

"Don't day things like that Athena. You are important, just because some people didn't understand that doesn't mean you're not important. Look you're important to both me and Tony. We care about you a lot" She says and I looked up at her.

"Do you really though? Does anyone?" I ask.

"Of course we do, you're like our little sister Athena. Honestly we would anything for you and we care about you a lot" Tony says and I shrugged.

"Thanks guys" I say hoping they would stop talking about it now.

"Well it's almost time so we got to get ready, ah I'm so excited" Rina cheered as I handed her Leo.

"Look at that handsome face" she cooed as she smothered her child in kisses and I sat watching the pure love and admiration between the two.

"I'll show you up to the guest room where you can get ready" she says and I nodded.
__

Rina and I were both getting ready in the guest room while we were talking and eating some popcorn.

"I remember that bitch, she showed up to prom with the exact same dress as me. I swear Tony had to hold me back so didn't rip off her head" Rina says as she told me some of her stories from when she was younger.

There was a knock at the door before the door opened revealing Rina's brother. She gasped as she seen him and then ran up to give him a hug. "Teddy!" She cheered as she hugged her brother.

"It's Ted" he groaned as he let go of her and she chuckled.

"I can't believe you came! You said you couldn't make it" she says punching her brothers arm.

"I thought I would surprise you but considering your abusing me maybe I'll leave" he says and she laughed.

"Of course I would miss my nephew's christening for anything" he says and she smiled.

"Right this is Athena my friend" She says and Ted turned around and smiled.

"Well hello there, I'm Ted" he smiled extending his hand out for me to shake which I did just giving him a small smile.

"Alright get out and let us girls get ready" she says shoving him out of the door.

While Rina finished her hair, I slipped into the white dress that I brought with me. Rina has told me the theme was white so every had to wear white. My hair was curled by Rina and then I slipped my feet into a small pair of heels.

After we both were ready I followed Rina downstairs, her family had arrived so there was so much commotion and she had a very big family. Her mom came and hugged me and I spoke to her sister too.

So many people in this room yet I feel so lonely.

I don't know how long I will have the strength to keep this smile on my face anymore...