8

Shawn didn't visit the rest of the weekend and I assumed he must've been really busy with work so I was just bored the whole weekend. However I messaged him and he read all of my messages but he never replied.

Maybe he was getting sick of me already? I really hoped not because it would make things extremely awkward between us. Hopefully when I see him after school today he can tell me what's wrong.

"Athena!" I heard my teacher call making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Athena you had one of the greatest essays, well done! Keep up that good work" she says and I smiled awkwardly because now the whole class was staring at me.

Most of the day carried on smoothly and I managed to avoid everyone. I texted Shawn saying I would finish late because of practice so I would be taking the bus home, however he still didn't reply.

I was worried about him now not replying so I called him but he didn't answer. I sighed before I changed and went to practice.
___

My practice was finally over and I gathered all of my stuff before walking down the steps, part of me hoped to see Shawn's car but it wasn't there.

I took the bus home and showered before changing for work. I still had time before work so I warmed up some food to eat and also checked my phone a billion times but there was nothing.

As I was sat in the couch eating and watching tv my doorbell rang and I sprung out of my seat rushing towards the door. I opened it and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Shawn" I whispered before giving him a hug because I truly was worried for him.

"I'm sorry I don't call or see you the last few days" he says and I shook my head.

"It's fine, I know you're busy but I was worried about you. But you're fine and that's all that matters" I say as I let him inside.

From his facial expression he looked very tensed and worried about something.

"Shawn are you okay? You look worried" I say and he sat down on the couch before looking at me.

"No I'm not okay" he sighs and I sat down next to him.

"Do you want to tell me about it? It might make you feel better" I say and he nods.

"I don't know what to say it's hard" he says and I moved closer to him taking his hand into mine.

"I'm upset but really mad at the same time" he says and I nodded.

"It's okay take your time" I say and he took a deep breath.

"Sunday was a special day for me" he says and I nodded.

"Because it was the anniversary date for my wedding" he says and suddenly I just froze for a second.

He was married.

"You're married?" I exclaimed and he shook his head quickly.

"Well not anymore, because a month after I got married she left. She just disappeared without a trace" he says and I looked up at his sad eyes.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry" I whispered.

"And I'm mad because I really loved her. We're together since we were sixteen then I married her at twenty. I love her a lot, so much in fact with my whole heart. But I don't know how in one moment it was all snatched away from me" he says and my heart sunk.

"And every time this time of year comes it just makes me upset and lost and also crazy" he says and I didn't say anything but I just hugged him.

"I'm sorry that's so terrible" is all I say because I didn't know what else I could say.