10

"It's the slightest bit of hope which ruined me" I sighed.

"If I ever were to have children, I would never do that to them. I wouldn't even wish my life on my worst enemy" I say and Shawn sighs sadly.

"The past is the past, it hurts a lot but I just have to move on. But one day if they ever see me I hope that they cry and regret everything they have ever done"

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

"This is why I'm always nice to people, because you never know what's going on in there personal lives. But we always have to be kind" I say and he nods.

"I agree completely but at the same time I would literally rip everyone's head off" he says and I giggled.

"You know, I admire people like you who could've have turned cold after everything they've been through, but still continue to love people and be nice to them. There's strength in that, you're a strong woman Athena" he says and I smiled at him.

His words meant so much to me.

"I feel better now after telling you, thanks for listening and being a great friend, honestly you are so nice to me Shawn thank you" I say and he smiles.

"I'm always here to listen" he says and I just snuggled into his arms further.

"Also did you just friend-zone me" he says and I laughed.

"Anyway, I think we should go to the park and have a picnic" he says and I looked up at him with a grin.

"Really?" I ask him and he nods.

"Let's go to the grocery store and grab a few things then we can go on a picnic" He says and I excitedly jumped up and clapped my hands.

"This is going to be so fun" I exclaimed and he grinned.

"Now if you get off of me and change we can leave" he says and I just realised I was straddling him.

I blushed before getting off him and going to my closet. I pulled out some ripped jeans and a cute crop top. I turned around and Shawn was still on my bed watching me.

"I'm going to change now" I say hoping he would get up and leave.

"I don't mind watching" he smirks at me.

"Shawn!" I yelled and he laughed before leaving the room, I could still hear him laughing while I was changing.

I put some of my chapstick on and slipped my shoes on before shoving my phone into my pocket.
______

We paid for our snacks and walked through the park before we decided to sit down in a nice spot under a tree.

"We don't have a picnic mat but you can sit on my jacket" he says laying it in the grass for me to sit on.

We opened all the snacks and ate them while we talked and watching loads of people in the distance.

"I remember my mom used to dress me and my brother in match clothes especially on Christmas" he says and I laughed.

"I bet you looked cute" I say

"Looked? I still look cute" he says in offence and I giggled.

"Thats what you think buddy" I say and he shook his head.

"But my sister Aaliyah is the most spoilt even until today. Because she's the only girl and also she has two older brothers who are really protective of her" he says and I smiled.

"Your family sound nice" I say and he smiles.

"I want you to meet my family one day, my mom will love your cookies" he says and I smiled.

"What's your favourite colour?" He asks and I shrugged.

"I like yellow and especially wearing it in the summer it so pretty" I say and he laughs.

"I like green because I like nature" he says.

"I love nature too but I'm also scared of bugs and insects they freak me out" I say and he laughs.

"I remember once I was walking through the woods on a school field trip. I fell into a pond and got stuck, these to girls saw me and didn't help, didn't even bother telling the teacher. But I pulled myself out and everyone laughed at me because I was soaked" I say and he laughs.

"It literally looked like I went swimming because I was soaked" I say and he laughs.

He had his head in my lap and stared up at me while I was rambling about one direction conspiracy theories. I doubt he as listening but he was just looking at me.

"In conclusion Harry Styles is prettier than my entire existence" I say with huff.

"Shawn" I say shaking him and he bobs his head.

"Whaaaaaat?"

"Chase me" I say pushing him off me which caught him off guard as I started bolting down to small hill. My legs carrying me in the soft green grass, I heard Shawn's footsteps from behind me making me run fast.

"I'm gonna to get you!" He yelled from behind and as I peered of my shoulder I could see he was getting closer.

I screamed as I started running back up to our picnic spot. Suddenly my whole body was pushed down on the grass and Shawn's arms were around me tightly as he laid towering above me.

"Your so pretty, I love your eyes they are mesmerising" he says and I blush before closing my eyes.

"You can close your eye but that just means I can look at your beautiful face and feel your soft skin" he says as his fingers touched my cheeks.

"Ah stop with the compliments" I whined.

"Nope" He says and I giggled.

Opening my eyes, I slowly looked into his soft hazel eyes and he stared intently into my eyes. Everything was quiet around us, you could hear the birds and the breezy wind. His face inches closer to mine that I could feel his warm breath touching my lips. My heart was pounding against my ribcage from the proximity between us.

Was he going to kiss me?

Please don't let him, I'm not ready.

He leaned in closer that our foreheads were touching and our lips were so close to touching.

This is going to be awkward if I sneezed right now and broke his nose.

My thoughts were jumbled until we heard thunder which made us break apart.

"Uh-um I think we should go it's going to rain soon" he says while packing everything up.

"Y-yeah we sh-should go" I stuttered making everything more awkward then it already is.

We both walked out of the park as quickly as we could because it's was starting to rain. The walk back was silent and it was super uncomfortable between us and I really hoped that the awkwardness would disappear between us.

We made it quickly before it started pouring like crazy. We managed to make it inside my apartment and it was nice and warm inside.

"Do you want anything to eat it's like almost time for some dinner?" I asked him as we got into the kitchen and he placed our bag down.

"I'm good. I think I'm going to head home, because I have uh- work tomorrow" he says and I frowned.

"Okay then I'll see you Monday then" I say and he nods.

I walked him to the front door and before he left I threw my arms around him and gave him a hug. "I'll see you Monday" he whispered before leaving.

The rest of the night consisted of me eating some ready meals for dinner and watching a movie before falling asleep...
*
*
*
Q: How is everyone doing?

P.s- sorry I overuse the word 'awkward' its hard because idk any other word that best describes the situations lol, forgive me.