2

I was at Rina and Tony's house along with their family and some friends because they were leaving for Chicago today.

It was pretty emotional since Rina and Tony were pretty close me and had helped me through a lot.

Rina's mother sobbing hysterically for her daughter, I stared at her mom scold her for leaving her. Everyone laughed at her mother and she begged her mother to stop over-reacting. It was adorable.

But I saw the pure love in her mother's eyes for Rina, the bond was so visible between them. Even Rina being a twenty-six year-old married woman, her mother still treats her like her baby.

It was something beautiful between a mother and child bond most people were lucky enough to have, and unfortunately I wasn't one of them.

I stood awkwardly in the busy house, I didn't know who to talk to or what to do. Most of their friends were obviously older and I wasn't very close to her family like I was with her.

I tried to stay close near Rina so I wouldn't feel out of place however she disappeared.

She's was probably in the kitchen as Tony pointed from the other side of the room. I made my way slowly to the kitchen where Rina was getting another drink.

"Ah Athena! Girl come over here and get some drink" she says and I walked over to her.

"Here's some lemonade since your under age" she laughs handing me a glass of iced lemonade.

I sipped the lemonade before Tony walked into the kitchen. I watched as he placed his arms around his loving wife and gave her a kiss.

I wished one day someone could love me as much as Tony loved Rina.

"I'm going to miss you guys so much, I don't know what I'm going to do without you" I say sadly.

"We're going to miss you more. But honestly Athena, you're such a beautiful and smart young girl and after everything you have been through, you deserve the world and you'll be fine with out us"  She says giving me a hug.

You'll be fine without us. Those words were almost too familiar.

"When I was eighteen, I was partying with my friends and splashing money. Making mistakes, but you're a good kid. I'm telling you that your going places" Tony says and I chuckled.

"You should be proud of yourself" Rina says and I nod with a huge smile on my face.

"Tony your friends here!" Someone yelled making all three of us turn our heads towards the door to see a familiar looking figure.

Shawn.

The guy I met at their party two weeks ago and accidentally spilled my drink on.

He was tall and figure was muscular, he had a crisp white shirt on and black jeans that complimented his legs. He was attractive and had a charming smile.

He walked over with a bouquet of flowers before giving Rina a hug and shaking Tony's hand. Then turned around to greet me.

"Athena we meet again" he says extending his hand out for me.

"Hi" I smiled shyly at him before placing my hand into his large warm hand. Our skin touching gave me goosebumps and sent shivers down my spine.

He stood right next to me leaned against the counter. He was very close I could practically feel the heat radiating off him because he was so close. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed inside, like how are you supposed to act when there's a really hot guy next you. It gets intimidating.

"The restaurant just called, Rina they can't deliver so someone has to go pick up the food" Rina's mother says as she walked into the kitchen.

"What? We don't have a car to go collect it either" Rina sighed.

"I'll collect whatever it is you need" Shawn spoke from beside me now standing up straighter.

"Thanks bud that would help" Tony says before handing him a piece of paper.

"Here's the receipt with our order number on it and it's pre-paid" he says and Shawn nods.

Then it went quiet as Shawn stared at Tony trying to tell him something with his eyes. Rina also was
confused between the two, then Shawn looked at Rina widening his eyes.

"Oh yes! You're gonna need help Shawn, why don't you go with him Athena?" Rina spoke up and they all looked down at me.

"Me?" I spoke quietly feeling tense under their gazes.

"Yes he's gonna need some help because of the amount of food we ordered" Tony says and I just shrugged.

"Off you both go now, hurry back" Rina says shoving me almost right into Shawn.

"I'm going, I'm going relax" I laugh as I followed behind Shawn.

I followed Shawn through the busy living room full of Rina's house guests. He opens the front door and let me go in front of him.

"Can you put this in your pocket?" He asks handing me the folded up paper. I nodded and put it into my pocket.

I followed him to his car ready to open the door but his hand appeared on the handle making me jump back for a second. "Let me open the door for you" He says opening it.

The car was high and I was short, very short.

"A tiny person like you will need my help up" he smirks before extending his hand.

"hey! I'm not that tiny, you're just a giant" I say and he laughs before I hesitantly took it before he helped me into his car.

"Thank you" I whispered and he smiled before he shut my door and walked around to his side of the car getting in.

"Right now off to pick up some food for Rina and Tony" he stared before he drove off.

It was quiet for a few minutes just the radio on very low. I looked outside of the window while we were driving. This silence made it kind of awkward between us until he spoke up.

"So Athena, how do you know Rina and Tony?" He asks and I turned to face him.

"Well I've been working in their diner for two years, they have been great friends too" I spoke and he nodded.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"Well I was bestfriend's with Rina's brother in college but he's moved to Australia. I'm good friends with her and Tony too. Tony worked with me for a year too" he says and I nodded.

"So how old are you?" He asks.

"Eighteen" I reply.

"Eighteen!" He exclaimed almost slamming his breaks out of shock.

"Um- I'm just surprised you look a lot older" he says and I just nodded unsure of what to say.

"I meant that as a compliment, you look and act mature for your age" he says and I just smiled at him.

"I'm sorry about your shirt from the party" I say and he laughs.

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind a beautiful girl like you spilling their drink on me" He says and my cheeks blush.

I looked down at my hands awkwardly, because I was so awkward with compliments.

"Um- thank you" I stuttered and he looked over at me.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah it's just, I'm super awkward with compliments" I chuckled and he shook his head.

"I'm sure you would be used to compliments, you're such a beautiful woman" he compliments again and I blushed feeling my whole face redden.

"Ah stop" I whined covering my face and he just laughed.

I looked up at him laughing for a second, boy did he have a beautiful laugh.

He was a real charmer...
*
*
*
A/N: I promise it will get better! I'm really bad at the first few chapters but once we get into the story it will get better! ❤️