27

"Athena" Shawn called my name as he walked into my apartment from work.

"Hiiii" I drawed out as I went to running to hug him. I jumped on him and a small 'oof' came out of his mouth as he stumbled.

He hugged me so tightly before he set me down and leaned down to press a kiss to my lips. I broke away but then he leaned down and kissed me again.

"You're in a good mood. Have you been keeping on top of your medication and exercises?" He asks as we both went to the kitchen.

"Mmhm" I nodded.

"Good girl" he says as he let go of me and sat down at the table.

"I have some food I made just for you" I say as I took the warm plate of food out of the microwave and placed it in front of him. He ate his food and I dumped the dish into the sink before he wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, setting me down on the counter.

"What are you doing?" I laughed as his face went straight into my neck kissing it, his lips softly tickling my skin.

"I have some thing for you" He says as he stopped kissing my neck and looks up at me.

"Me?" I ask and he nods taking something out of his pocket.

"This is a ring, a promise type ring. I want to give this to you as promise ring to say, that I'm not going to leave you, I want to protect you and I'm always going to be here and care for you no matter what happens. It's exact to my feather one but I got it made smaller for you" He says and my eyes widened at the ring in his hand.

"Really?" I questioned in disbelief.

"Really. Because I want to be honest Athena, I love you" he says and for a second everything stopped.

I love you. Words I haven't heard in a long time and didn't expect anytime soon.

My heart bursted with a feeling of joy and my stomach was full of butterflies. The unknown feeling of being happy and loved, was something new to me but it felt nice. A tear of joy built up in my eye and he wiped it away.

"Do you really?" I ask him.

"Of course I do. I wouldn't lie to you, if I'm honest. It was love at first sight, I fell in love with you when I seen you. Then I became more in love with you as I got to know you. Your beautiful personality, adorable cute habits you have and overall everything about you. You make me so happy and I hope I make you happy too. I just love being around you, I feel alive more then I have in years with you" He says and my heart swelled.

"I think I love you too. You make me so happy and you're incredible, I sometimes can't believe a human like you even exists but apparently you do. But I don't know what love is?" I say and he chuckles.

"Love is something you feel. Something or someone that makes you so happy and gives you a great feeling. But I know I love you and you will just feel it" he says and I smiled.

"Then I love you too" I say and those a words I actually haven't said to anyone in almost forever.

It was true, I do love him. I mean who couldn't? He was so amazing truly, he made me so happy and he was the reason my mental health was getting better. He was the person I looked forward to seeing everyday of my life.

"May I?" He asks and I gave him my hand which he slid the ring on to my middle finger. It was a perfect fit and was so beautiful.

"I love it! Like I love you" I say and he grinned before I yanked him down to kiss him.

"Thank you so much Shawn" I say and he shook his head.

"It's nothing princess" he says and I my heart beamed.