Halloween

Cailee

The clock read '6:10 pm'. Carl, Debbie, Franny, Hunter, Liam, Xan and I were all at the Gallaghers' getting ready for the nights' festivities. I was currently in the bathroom, putting the finishing touches on my costume. I finished tying my hair into a ponytail and smoothed out my striped shirt.

Debbie called me from her room. I made my way to her door and knocked to be safe.

"Come in!" Debbie croaked. I peeked in and instantly had to stop myself from laughing. There Debbie stood, her hair all tangled. "Help, please."

"How did this even happen?" I giggled.

"I was just trying to zip up my shirt and my hair got caught," she pouted. "Hunter's downstairs with the kids. I'm glad I didn't have to call Carl for help."

I shook my head as I untangled her hair carefully, "There you go."

"Thanks," Debbie brushed her hair and started braiding it into two pigtails. "We look good!"

"That we do! We still leaving around 7?"

"Yep. Everybody downstairs is dressed and ready. Where's Carl?"

"Good question, I'm gonna go find him."

Debbie finished her hair and headed downstairs while I checked all the rooms upstairs for Carl. When I'd checked Lip and Fiona's rooms, plus the bathroom, I waltzed into the boys' room. I finally found Carl half dressed, staring at his costume.

I walked over to him. "Hey, you okay?"

Carl

"I am not wearing those..." I frowned, looking at the small running shorts in front of me.

"It's part of the costume, Carl," Cailee said, handing the whole outfit to me. "Lip let you borrow 'em, so get dressed."

"Can't I just wear some of my shorts?"

Cailee stepped closer to me, inching her face close to my ear, "You wear them now and I'll take them off of you later..." She stepped back and bit her lip. My face was definitely beat fucking red. I nodded ferociously and put everything on in a hurry. Cailee smiled and kissed me tenderly. "C'mon."

Everybody was chilling in the living room when Cailee and I came downstairs.

"There they are!" Debbie exclaimed, pulling out a selfie stick. "Picture time."

Cailee smiled and I groaned in response. Debbie gathered us all together and snapped around a billion photos.

"So, what block are we goin' down?" I asked Debbie and Hunter.

"Well, nobody around here really hands out candy, so Hunter suggested we go out where he lives," Debbie answered.

"They give out the king size bars of chocolate," Hunter added.

"Don't have to tell me twice," I enthused.

Surprisingly, the weather wasn't as awful as it usually was on Halloween, so we didn't really have to worry about wearing heavy coats. We brought jackets just in case though. Cailee, Xan, Liam, and I piled into our car. Hunter, Debbie, and Franny rode in Hunter's car.