Birthdaze

Cailee

One Week Later

"Ooh, what about this one?" I asked Debbie, holding up a Bath & Body Works set.

"Let's see..." she took one of the matching samples and smelled it. "Ew, no, definitely not." I frowned and set the basket back on the table.

"What about these?" The set was named 'Oahu Sunset' and it smelled like heaven. Debbie took another smell and bliss seemingly washed over her.

"That's the one," she smiled. We made our way to the register and paid for everything. After we left the store we went next door and picked up a birthday card.

"So what's the plan for the party?" Debbie asked as we walked toward the L.

"She just wants a small get together, nothin' too extravagant," She simply nodded and we headed to the Gallaghers'.

When we got there Carl was outside on the stairs with Ian. It looked like they had just been jogging.

"Hey soldiers," I called out as we entered through the gate. Ian shot me a smile and a wave.

"What's shakin', cupcake?" Carl asked with his infamous smirk. I grinned and went up to kiss him on the cheek. "I'm gonna hop in the shower so we can go."

"You're watching Franny tonight right?" Debbie asked Ian.

"Indeed I am."

"Awesome, thanks Ian."

_

"Carl, come on!" I yelled up the stairs. Debbie and I were waiting for him in the living room.

"Alright, alright," Carl said rushing down the stairs. "I have arrived."

I chuckled, "Let's go." We all hopped in Fiona's car and headed to Carson's house. All was quiet when we got there.

"Happy Birthday!" all three of us screamed upon seeing the birthday girl. Carson grinned from ear to ear. She pulled us all into a group hug.

"Thank you guys!"

"Here's your gift," I handed her the basket and her smile grew.

"I love you so much," There was a knock on the door. "That must be Danny and Matt." Carson opened the door and two guys hugged and greeted her. "These are my friends, Danny," she pointed to the tall guy with a strong jawline. "And this is Matt," she gestured to the shorter guy with a pretty smile. "They're brothers." Debbie and I said 'hi' and Carl just gave them a head nod.

"We brought the alchohol," Danny spoke.

Carson smirked, "Excellent."

Carl

The five of us sat in the living room in an awkward silence before my sister spoke up.

"How about we play a game?" she started. Everyone nodded in agreement and she continued. "Truth or dare, but you have to take a shot if you refuse to do either." Seemed fair enough.