Anniversary (1)

Carl

Cailee looked so peaceful in her sleep. Her curls framed her face, her lips were more plump and pink, and her skin definitely glowed (even more than usual). We made love like it was gonna be the last time, all night. I was definitely worn out, so I knew she had to be.

I kissed the top of her head and slid out of bed slowly, making sure I didn't wake her. I went into the bathroom and showered. Afterward, I peeked into the room and Cailee was still asleep, so I tiptoed back. I grabbed the clothes we'd stopped to pick up the night before, laid them out on the chair next to the window, and got dressed.

I grabbed my phone and made my way downstairs. I went into the kitchen and opened the fridge. I knew there'd be no food, but I was still hopeful. There was a flyer on the table and a marker by the bread box. I grabbed the marker and flipped the flyer onto the back. I wrote Cailee a note, went to put it on the dresser in the room, and left out to go get us breakfast.

Cailee

My eyes shot open and I sat up quickly. My stomach was bubbling and turning.

I covered my mouth and jumped up, running to the bathroom. It seemed like everything I'd eaten within the last day ended up in the toilet bowl. What the hell was going on with me? Yeah, I'd had a bit of wine, but jeez.

I grabbed some toilet paper and wiped my mouth off. I flushed the toilet and stood up to look at myself in the mirror. My hair was sticking up in all different directions, I was pale, and my forehead was clammy. I was a damn mess.

I started the shower and stripped my clothes off. After I was done in the bathroom, I wrapped a towel around myself and dawdled back into the bedroom. The bed was empty; I hadn't even noticed Carl wasn't in it when I got up.

I noticed that my clothes were laid out for me already and smiled to myself. There was also a note on the bedside table. I picked it up and read Carl's sloppily written words.

Went out to get some grub, be back soon baby

Love, Carl

Breakfast sounded good, despite the fact that I'd just puked my guts out. Once I was dressed I went downstairs and sat down on the couch. I turned on Bob's Burgers and kicked my feet up. It took all of 10 minutes for me to fall asleep.

Carl

I closed the door behind me and brought the bag of food into the kitchen. The sound of the TV snapped my attention to the living room. Cailee was asleep on the couch with the TV remote falling out of her hand. Adorable.

I took the two containers out of the bag and grabbed forks before I brought them into the living room. I stopped to admire my girlfriend. She was so beautiful when she slept. I took a picture of her and sat down, gently wrapping my arm around her. She stirred a bit and took a deep breath.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty."

She smiled, "Hey baby."

"Brought some breakfast," I grabbed her container and fork. "Here you are."

"Thank you baby, I'm starving," She opened the container and dug right in. I started eating my food as well.