N A S A

Cailee

About a week had passed since the party. I'd just gotten off work and was out with Debbie at Target.

"Oh my gosh," Debbie exclaimed, picking up the cutest onesie. "I'm so getting you this."

I giggled, "What happened with you and Danny?"

She put the onesie in the basket and shrugged, "He's cool, I dunno."

Something about her response put me off. "Come on, Debs. I know there's more to it."

Debbie sighed as we ventured down the baby aisle. "I'm into someone else, I think."

"You think?"

She wore an expression I'd never seen before. "It's complicated... Pretty sure they're not interested anyway."

"Hey, any guy would be lucky to have you by their side."

She scoffed, "Yeah, right. Any guy..."

I grabbed the cart and turned her toward me. "Damn right. Now tell me about this mystery guy."

She sighed, "Promise you won't say anything..."

I furrowed my brows, "You know I'd never."

She gave me a small smile and started pushing the cart again before speaking. "Well for starters they're pretty cool. And majorly hot..." She grabbed a few pairs of newborn socks and put them in the cart.

"Where'd you meet?"

"Carson's birthday party..."

"Well, that sure narrows it down," I scoffed.

"The person was there before the huge crowd of randoms showed up," The only people that had been there at that point were herself, me, Carl, Danny, Carson, and...... Oh no. Matt.

"Don't say it. Don't you dare say it."

"I can't help it! Just so gorgeous, and cool, and fun..."

"You know he's with Carson, Debs."

She furrowed her brows and opened her mouth to say something when my phone went off. I rolled my eyes when I read the message on my screen.

"What's wrong?" Debbie asked.

"It's Carl again. He's been on my ass lately— ever since the surgery."