16 - Cries

Katsuki's POV

I walk into the lunch room, quickly getting my tray and go to my table, trying my best to avoid Deku. As I sit down, I look over to find that forest of green hair, walking into the lunch room. I can't help but wonder what's going through his mind.

After a while I start eating my food as Kirishima comes over and sits down, as does his boyfriend.

The red head starts talking nonsense about his day and I block it out. Until he says something that I wished no one would notice.

"You and Midoriya were in the same room last night, weren't you?"

What?

"Bakugo just admit that you guys are dating" shitty hair exclaims.

"What the hell are you talking about! Deku means nothing to me!" I yell

I quickly look over to Deku who is looking straight at me. I instantly feel regret. He quickly stands up and leaves the lunch room. I turn back around, finding myself putting my head on the table.

Did I ruin things?

Where is he going?

Is it over now?

What am I supposed to do?

Thoughts clutter my mind as if thinking was the only thing I could do. My head stays on the table, not moving, not making a sound. For the first time in a while, I was completely silent.

I didn't know what others thought of me in that moment. Someone who is almost always yelling or starting a fight is quiet. Why? Why am I being quiet? Why aren't I goinf after Deku? What's going on with me? Have I gone soft? Am I not the Katsuki that I used to be? Has that damn nerd changed me?

I slowly bring my head up, seeing that everyone seems to be looking at me.

What... is going on?

I get up from the table, slamming my chair. I walk over to the door, no words from any of my classmates.

I find myself in the hallway, where it is silent expect for the quiet cries of a green haired boy.

I see Deku's face filled with tears. He doesn't look up or seem to notice I am there.

I go over to him, standing in front of him. Waiting to see if he sees me yet.

No words come from him, only the faint cries of the boy in front of me.

"Deku..." I say quietly

Deku looks up and sees me.

"K-Kacchan?"

I sit down on the floor, with our eyes now looking straight at each other.

"I-I didn't mean what I said out there... Of course you mean something to me." I exclaim.

Another row of tears fall down his face. I move to sit next to him, putting my arm around him. Pulling him closer to me.

We sit there for a while, embracing each other and feeling the warmth coming off of Deku.

"Kacchan, what's your fear if we are open about our relationship?" Deku asks

I look down, thinking this over.

"They're just going to make fun of us"

He quickly looks up, with his eyes looking through mine.

"I don't think they will and either way..." He says "I don't care what they think I just want to be with you"

"I.. have to think for a minute" I say, getting up slowly. I go into the bathroom, away from Deku.

I turn on the sink and splash my face with water.

What the hell is wrong with me? I have a great boyfriend, he and I like each other, its nice to be around him.

Why can't I just be with him in public?
What's holding me back?

Nothing except myself.

I go back outside the bathroom and into the hallway.

"Deku.. I'm ready"