Chapter 44

"You live with a friend?", he asked as he watches Yura unlocking her front door of her studio apartment. The housing complex looks entirely serene and calm with beautiful little orange lights hung on the big trees lines in front of the two-stories building. It's such a nice neighborhood to live in, not the usual sky-rocketing apartment amidst the city but instead, it's a housing complex which the owner usually lives on the ground floor and rents out the upper floor. The small stairs at the side lead up to the upper level with three studio units altogether.

"I live with Sana, she's my roommate ever since I was in college", she replied dryly. Feeling anxious with Taehyung standing just behind her, she halted midway of pushing her door open, turning around to look at him.

Taehyung looked down at her, confused with the sudden action. " What's wrong?"

"A-are you not going to l-leave?"

"Not unless I am sure you are safe with your roommate. I don't see her—"

Suddenly her phone rang making her jumped. Quickly rummaging through her pockets, she quickly answered the phone.

"Sana?"

"I had to leave for Osaka tonight. It's a sudden work trip. I didn't even get to go home first to get my clothes. I might be in Osaka for the whole weekend. Will you be alright, alone?", Sana spoke hastily, sounding breathless as if she just did 5 km marathon.

"Don't worry about me. What time is your flight?", Yura purposely spoke in Japanese, hoping that Taehyung wouldn't catch her words.

"In 30 minutes? I am already in the departure hall. I'll text you once I have arrived. Take care! Lock the doors and don't go anywhere alone"

Yura lets out a sigh as she stares at her phone. Seems like she'll be alone again this weekend.

Wait

Almost forgetting that Taehyung is still in front of her, her head flicks up in a flash.

"Sana is going somewhere?", he asked calmly.

"She is—"

"So, you will be alone in the house?", Taehyung raised an eyebrow, looking at her with a look she couldn't comprehend.

"I am used to this and—"

Before Yura could finish her sentence, Taehyung swiftly pushed the door open, making his way inside without saying anything. He casually removed his shoes, putting it neatly on the shoe rack before walking into the house, leaving Yura at the door, still speechless.

Did he just really walk inside, just like that?

"I am not letting my wife spend the weekend alone in her house", he said as he scans the small living room of Yura's studio apartment. "Why are you still at the door?", he asked , turning to look at her.

Yura stood still at the door, her eyes widened as she looks at Taehyung standing in the middle of her small living room, looking entirely comfortable. She is lost at words; nothing could come out of her mouth at that moment. Seems like her brain itself is having a war on its own, indecisive if she should question him or just let him be.

"Yura? Close the door", he said again, with his deep husky voice.

Snapping out of her deep thoughts, Yura shakes her head before obediently closing the door in a rush. She has no idea what made her do that, but she just did. She gulps, registering the fact that Taehyung is in her house and she is alone with him. Not that this could lead to something dangerous but, it might.