Chapter 35

Yura spent the whole day avoiding Taehyung, escaping any possible situation that would lead her to him. By the end of the day, she was exhausted of all the thousand lame excuses she would throw to the team in order to avoid any contact with Taehyung.

With her current state of mind, none of her work can be done.

She ends up doing simple reviews on her writings, editing past articles instead of doing research on a new one. The day felt so long and so hard. She spent the whole day trying to distract herself from thinking about Taehyung's words.

I am here to take back what's mine

Sighing as she packs her stuff into her bag, she glances around the office just to realize everyone had went back. Quickly, she dashed towards the lift, not wanting to spend anymore minute at the empty office. She lost track of time as she kept her busy  reviewing all her writings not realizing everyone had left.

When the lift slides open, the very first thing she saw is a man leaning on the wall in front of her, one hand in his pocket while the other hand holding his phone. He was scrolling thru his phone, unaware of Yura stepping out the lift, her eyes widened at the sight of him

He looks so good. So so good.

Sensing her eyes on him, Taehyung lifts his head and smiles right away when he saw Yura. Yura quickly averted her eyes, walking away from the spot but Taehyung was quick enough to catch up on her.

"You sure are late, you always get off work around this time?", he asked as he trails her footsteps, heading towards the main entrance of the building.

Yura stayed silent as she walked down the small stairs heading out of the building. As much as she wants to talk about their status, a part of her feels furious about the whole thing.

How could he not tell her about the annulment?

Well, partially it was her own fault for not telling her whereabouts. How is he going to tell her about it? But that's not the point. Why didn't he sign the annulment?

"Yura", he swiftly grabbed her right wrist, halting her. "Please say something"

Breathing in slowly, she tries her best to calm herself despite the rage building within her. It takes a whole lot of her self-control not to spill everything out at that moment. Her mind is in a mess. A bloody mess.

I mean, what would you do if you suddenly find out that you are still a wife to somebody? And you spent almost a year thinking that your marriage has been annulled?

"Taehyung, why didn't you sign the annulment. Please tell me the truth", she asked without turning around to face him. "I thought you wanted that annulment so that you can be with Hyeran. What else do you want from me?"

"Because I want to be with you"

Is that the answer she wants to hear?

"Please don't joke around Taehyung. I don't want—"

"I am not"

Taehyung tighten his grip on Yura's hand but then she quickly snatched her hand away.

She is not strong for this. All this while she has been running away from her own past, wanting to forget every bit of her feelings towards Taehyung. She suffered so much, alone and now things has taken a big turn.