Chapter 56

Opening her eyes slowly, her eyes squints adjusting to the bright room she is in. She yawns widely feeling herself getting enough sleep after such a long time. It has been months, perhaps years since she last sleep soundly like last night.

Turning to her right, she finds Taehyung sleeping beside her, one hand at the back of his head.

God, he even sleeps handsomely. What on earth?

She lie on her side, resting her chin on her palm as she watches him sleep. She swore she could watch him sleep the whole day and still call it a productive day. The way he looks so peaceful sleeping, his hair tousled and spiking to every direction. He looks like a baby sleeping.

A smile curves on her lips thinking about how far they have come. She remembers those days thinking she would never ever get her feelings returned. Those days thinking he will never come back to her. She clearly remembers the day when she received the annulment form and how it broke her heart so bad.

All those pain and patience, pressuring her till she might think she is going to be crazy. Those days have long gone.

Slowly she brings her fingers up to his face, tracing the strands of hair on the side of his face, down to his cheek. He looks so soft. Slowly her fingers trails to his lips but suddenly he lets out a whimper as he turns to his left, facing her now. Her hand hovers midair, sudden nervousness flows through her veins thinking she might wake him up.

She looks at him again, thinking of this one man is capable of making her feel things she never felt. She feels like an idiot smiling to herself so early in the morning after last night – wait, last night?

What happened last night?

That's when it hit her.

Her eyes quickly look at her own self and her eyes widened realizing that she is actually wearing Taehyung's shirt.  To be precise, the white t-shirt he had on yesterday. And his t-shirt is all she has one and that made her swallow hard. Panic surges, she quickly got up into a sitting position trying to remember what happened last night. But then she turned around to look at Taehyung, slowly her eyes scan him and she gasped to herself.

Taehyung is actually shirtless.

Detail by detail popping into her sleepy mind, she feels her cheeks heating up as she recalls about last nighy. She shut her eyes tight, trying to restrain her internal screams and end up breathing a slight nervous sigh.

She remembers everything that happened last night. Everything.

God damn it. What do I do now? Do I run and hide in the toilet? Wait, what? Not that I did something illegal? We are married for god sake. Okay, so what do I have to do the morning after? Wait, do I have to search this on the net? What the heck, gather yourself Yura.

She slaps her cheeks repeatedly, trying to ease the heat rising up around her face. She blows her cheeks over and over, trying to think of something to do.

Maybe I should just go back to sleep and pretend to be asleep? Or wait, maybe I should go to mother's room? wait, what? Wait, maybe I should just escape this first. Yes I think I should get off the bed first. Yes, Yura. Finally your brain is working.

Okay, now lets—

"Where are you going?"

Halting her plan to escape, she clenched on the blanket as she listens to the rustling sound of the blanket being tossed as he gets up. Not even daring to turn to look at him, she stayed frozen with her eyes staring blankly at the door in front of her.