•Chapter 18•

Mackenzie's POV

Mackenzie's POV

"Hey guys, it's Kenzie! Welcome back to my channel. Today I'm with my daughter Gabriella, and I'm gonna tell you guys about my birth story." I said, laughing as I looked behind my camera where Maddie, my mom, and Johnny were laughing. "If you don't wanna hear this, log off. It's not gonna be so incredibly detailed with all the medical knowledge, but mostly about how I felt."

Gabriella sat on my lap, holding her toy, while Johnny was making faces off camera.

"First off, it took 32 hours for her to get out of me. 32 hours of PAINFUL labor, might I add. She was a stubborn baby, but it was all worth it." I started off, then looked at her again. "It was, I think 3:40 am? Around that time when I felt that something wasn't right. I was only 36 weeks, still had like a month left, but I knew something was off. I told Johnny and my mom, so they took me to the hospital. When I got there, they said a lot of things I won't get into, but that I was 4 centimeters dilated. I knew what that meant and then they said something and that I was in labor. So, my mom ran home to get Maddie and the hospital bag, while Johnny stayed with me."

"No, Maddie was on her way, I was going to get the stuff." My mom clarified, then I continued.

"By this time, the pain got worse and worse. It felt completely different from what I imagined. So once we got to the room, they put me in a hospital bag and hooked me up to like a million things, and I was freaked out. I had tubes in my hand, I was in so much pain, and I was so scared. I remember just the week before, I told myself that we could do this. Me, Johnny, and everyone else, we could get through this." I said, then, "fast forward 5 hours, I was still at 4 centimeters. But, while I was having a terrible contraction, I felt this gush of liquid come out of me, I know. I yelled for Johnny, who was grabbing dinner, but my mom held my hand. I honestly never knew I would be so emotional. I'm not one to get very emotional-"

"Yes you are." Johnny interrupted me. "Remember, i'M eMoTioNaL!1!1!1!" I glared at hI'm, but continued.

"Anyway, by this time I was crying as nurses and my doctor came in. They to me everything was fine and that my water just broke. But the thing is, I needed to get her out of me. The liquid that came out, was amniotic fluid, I think that's what it's called, but while in the womb, that's what they breathe. So if she's without it for so long, something will happen. I don't know everything obviously, but that's pretty much what they told me. The contractions were terrible, coming every few minutes, but I was still at 4 centimeters. So, wait mom, what did they put in me?"

"I don't remember."

"It was some sort of drug that made the contractions come like crazy. But that helped open up my cervix faster. They asked me for an epidural, and I was being stupid and stubborn, I said no. Stupid me, then regretted it. Johnny sat by me the whole time, mostly. The contractions started to come quickly, like it felt every minute. The pain was terrible, like period cramps, times a million. I held onto Johnny's hand, and my nails dig into his palm, yet he was literally amazing. Then, in comes the nurse, with an epidural. I was literally screaming and crying as the contractions came. I mean, I was crazy. They put in the epidural, and I had to lay down for the rest of the time."

"You made indents into my hand. Look at it." Johnny showed the camera, and I pushed him away.

"Anyway, i know it seems like I'm over exaggerating, but my hormones were crazy throughout the pregnancy, so during labor it felt like the worst thing ever. But, after 32 hours of torture, she finally came. 5 pounds 14 ounces, and she was born 12:37 am. Truly, the best day of my life. After that, we were there for a few days I believe, plus I had some type of bleeding afterwards, which was practically nothing." I was almost done.

"I remember your face when you first say her." My mom said.

"I remember too. So Johnny was on my left and my mom and Maddie were on my right. This time, I wasn't crying. I was focused on meeting her, so I literally yelled at the whole room to shut up, not count since I was counting in my head." I said while laughing, "right when she was placed on my chest, she was crying and I held her. Johnny cut the umbilical cord while she cried so beautifully. It was truly the best sound I've ever heard because it meant she was fine. They took her to clean her and do all that stuff. But I remember, when they took her blood, seriously I felt like I was gonna cry with her. It was seriously so terrible to watch and hear, so I turned away but made sure Johnny made sure everything was ok."

"Johnny's reaction was my favorite." Maddie laughed, then punched John's shoulder.

"Oh yeah, he cried when he first held her. Right after she was cleaned, they handed her to him and he cried, I did too and we just sat together. I then held her and then my mom and Maddie. Meredith came in right after along with Dale and all of Johnny's sisters. I was literally so tired, I slept for two hours."

"You slept for 4 hours." Johnny said, and I glared at him again.

"Thank you guys so much for listening. Go subscribe to our family channel down below, now officially called Bumps Down the Road. Love you guys so much! Bye!" I said, then turned off the camera.