•Chapter 12•

Hayden's POV

Hayden's POV

When Johnny called me, telling me Annie was in the hospital and that she needed me, I was confused. What was she doing in Texas?

I rushed over there, and when I opened the door. I saw a terrible sight. Annie looked almost dead. The hospital gown still looked good on her, but her face was plain, and tears down her face.

"I'm here." I blurted out, making her eyes come to mine.

A slight sparkle, slight. She still looked, lifeless. I went to her side, and I could tell she was confused. I knelt down so our eyes met.

"I'm here. What happened?" I asked.

"Hayden, come here." Kenzie said, knowing Annie couldn't say the word that we're about to come out of Kenzie's mouth. "She lost the babies." My eyes went wide, and I had so many questions. "She said they were yours. Always was careful with him so he wouldn't do anything to her. But you, well, you know."

"How?" I asked.

"Miscarriage. But, Hayden. She lost one of her Fallopian tubes. Hayden, she might never be able to have children again. She needs you. Put whatever aside."

"I know." I said, but I had to do it.

"Hayden. I know you don't want to. She tried to kill herself. While high on pills the day she went to Louisiana. Stay with her."

For two weeks, Annie never spoke. Cried, but never spoke. I rented an apartment for her, and she's been staying there.

I put her to bed, wake her up in the morning, and do as much for her. She blames herself for loosing twins. Our twins.

"Hayden," she finally spoke today.

"Yeah," I said, quietly as I kneeled beside her.

"I'm sorry. For everything. I ruined our chance of having children. And I may never be able to have a baby again. I ruined everything." She cried, again.

"No, you didn't. Ok. Your mom and Hayley are coming back today. Ok?" I told her.

Of course I'm furious at her still for cheating on me but, I can't imagine being in her shoes. "Hayden, I've ruined my life in a month. I lost you, him, and our babies. Hayden, all I brought for you was pain. I don't get why you're helping me right now." She cried, then I held her hand.

"You also brought me happiness. Annie, you brought me happiness and love. Ok. Now, lets eat. Ok?" She nodded, and picked up her fork and started to eat.

-

"I'm done Hay." She said, but she only ate a fourth of her plate.

"No, Annie. The doctors said you need to eat. Please." I begged her.

"Why do you care anyway Hayden. You could've put me on a plane, so I could go back." She said, moving a piece of hair behind her ear.

"No matter what. I care for you. Plus those twins were ours. Finish your plate and we can watch a movie. Ok?" She nodded, and tried to eat as much as she can. But she couldn't. She tried to raise the fork to her mouth but her face showed disgust. "Ok, how about we watch the movie now?" She nodded, and I held her hand as we walked to the couch.

"I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that. Here, lets watch this one." She leaned against me, but was extremely hesitant to so I did it for her.

I pulled her in, so her body was on my lap. She gave me a questioning look, and then we both watched the movie.

She fell asleep, and i got a text from Hayley that they were waiting for me to open the door and let them in. Annie has been having trouble sleeping. She's been having nightmares, and at night, she screams sometimes, and she never said anything when she was awake.

Twice she has said, "Logan and May Rose," and "Mommy is here." Which makes me believe She dreams of our children, if they were born.

I opened the door, and whispered to them she was sleeping. Hayley hugged me first, then Katie. "She's been sleeping for most of the day now. Come, I have a room set up for you two." I carried their stuff to the spare room and then checked on Annie.

She was still sleeping. "Hayden, may I speak to you?" Hayley asked, and brought me to the balcony. "Why are you doing this?" She asked.

"Hayley, I love her still. I care for her more though. She lost our children. It'd be terrible if I leave her like this." She nodded, and hugged me.

"Thank you Hayden. You've always been there. No matter what. I love you for that, even after what my sister did, you are still here." She's young but incredibly smart.

"I love you too haybug. And," I knelt down to her height. "I will never leave your sister like that. She lost two lives, blaming herself for it. I'm incredibly sad and feel terrible but, I can't imagine her life right now. Let's go get you some food. I know you must be hungry."

I made her a sandwich, turkey was her favorite, while Katie unpacked. "Mm, amazing." Hayley loves sandwiches.

"Hay?" Annie called out for me.

"Hey, sh. Your mom and Hayley are here." I reassured her.

"I'm tired Hayden. My neck hurts. Can you move me to the room?" Her voice so quiet I could barley hear her.

"Sure. Come," I held her and placed her in her bed.

"Is she talking now?" Katie asked me once I closed the door.

"Yes." But that's when I heard a faint noise in the room. A faint step. "No," I mumbled, then opened the door. "Stop!"

She did it anyway, and used the scissors and clit her wrist.