Sad Endings

~Proulge~

I wonder why I wait for you when it's all just a feeling? Why don't I stop dreaming, for it's just a feeling and nothing more. Your not her, and you never will be. But then why do I wait for you? Because we're complete. 

I look at myself in the mirror as I wore a nice black suit. I straighten up my tie, and take a deep breath. Angela's birthday is today... And it's time for me to visit her at her grave. I look over and see the the flowers I got for her is laying on my bed.

I'm still living with my parents. I have nothing going for me. People doesn't even look at me anymore when I walk along the streets... My parents decided to move to London once I got out of jail. We've been here for awhile now... It's been four years.

Then there was a knock on my door. "Honey? Somone's here for you." my mom chirped before opening the door. My heart fluttered. Someone's here? To see me? This is new...

As I walk out of my room I bring the flowers with me. I walked into my kitchen and seen her... The lovely Alex, wearing a beautiful black long dress. It went down, touching the floor. I wonder what she's wearing on her feet.

"Alex? I thought you couldn't make it?" I asked, the excitement filled my every word. Alex smiled, "Luke I couldn't live with myself if I didn't go with you today." said Alex, before hooking her arm in mine.

"Well let's go kids. It's almost time." my mother reminds us.

*********

Me, my father, mother, and Alex joined me today. Your probably wondering where's the boys? Oh, them... Never heard from them in four years. Crazy right?

I looked down at her grave as I felt the tears already brimming in the corner of my eyes. I placed the fresh flowers down on her grave. I felt a little wet path trace down the side of my face. It was a tear.

"Happy twenty third Birthday, Angela. I miss you so much, you know that right? I think about you all the time. I've been coming here a lot lately. It's mainly because it still feels like your with me, I guess." I said before sniffing.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I looked up to see Alex. She wasn't crying, but she understood my pain. She understood how much I loved her... How much I love her.

"Want us to give you guys a moment?" my mom asked me. I gave her a small nod before her and dad walked back to the car. My gaze went back to the grave.

"Luke, I know your sad, but you need to move on in your life. You've been out for, four years now. I only been out for three and I have a job, and an apartment. I think it's time for you to pick yourself back up. And if you need a shoulder I'm here." said Alex.

I knew she was completely right. But she's not my girlfriend. She cant tell me what I have to do. "Alex, I'm depressed. I've been on antidepressants sense I got out. I'm not ready to go out and do things in the world. I rather live with my parents." I said, before wiping my tears away.

My gaze removed from Angela's grave and landed on Alex's eyes. "But I really want to start my life with you. Luke, I'm in love with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.' said Alex, before turning her frown into a smile.

"Are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life, with me?" I asked feeling a bit confused. Alex nodded. She wasn't one for cheesy romance, but I did like her a lot. I guess you could say we had a thing going on.

Alex nodded before connecting her fingers in mine. "I always wanted it to be you. For years now, I only imagined growing old, with you." said Alex. I started tracing little shapes on the back of her hand. I smiled.