Counting On It Hemmings

Another week had passed. The weather has been getting so much colder. They say the snow is gonna start coming soon. I wont be home for Christmas this year. But hopefully they come and visit me on Christmas.

I've been spending most of my time in the game room with Alex and Jack. We attempt to play the game checkers, but we end up talking the hole time. But right now me and Alex are sitting at a lunch table, eating the gross food.

"So, Luke, can I ask you something?" asked Alex. My heart was racing, and my palms was getting sweaty. I try to avoid answering her questions. I don't want to tell her why I came in here. That's the big no, no. But someday I will tell her. I have to.

"Sure." I said simply before shovelling another spoon full of yuck in my mouth. "I'm still very curious, why are you in jail? I know this is a very big question, but I seem like a guy like you shouldn't be in here." said Alex. I still don't know why she's in here either. But maybe this is the time we should start getting to know each other better?

I gulped. "Well you know how I said you look just like my girlfriend, who got murdered?" I asked. She nodded, as her eyebrows knotted together. She looked so interested in my life. It made me feel, kinda, safe to tell her things.

"Well I found out who killed her... And I got really drunk, and tried to kill him. So I'm in here for two years because I attempted murder." I said feeling a bit unsure about what I just told her. My gaze fell from hers, and landed on the gross food. I started picking at the 'patatoes'. 

"Oh shit. That's really serious. But you never killed the guy did you?" asked Alex. I licked my dry lips. "No, I never killed him. But I would never do something like that if I was sober.. The fact that I was drunk set me off edge." I said still remembering the horrifying details of my fiance getting killed.

"Well in my mind, he deserved to die. Because he actually killed a person. You didn't." said Alex. A smile instantly spread across my face. I looked in her eyes again. "You just took the words out of my mouth." I said. We basically think alike.

Alex smiled. "So, you gonna ask me why I'm in here? I know it's bugging you." said Alex. I smiled. I would love to ask her. So badly really. "Yes, Alex. Why are you in here?" I asked before taking another bite of the poison called food.

She sighed, "I made a mistake just like you did. There not similar though... I was pushed to do this, and the guy that told me to do it, didn't get caught. I'm the one who did." said Alex. It seemed like she was very sad talking about this.

I nodded so she knew it was okay to carry on. "Well, I'm in here because I robbed a bank. But I had to do it by myself. It was stupid, but I had to pull a gun on a poor girl. She looked very young, she didn't even work there. She was only like fourteen maybe? I didn't kill her though, but I caused her to have a panic attack. I got the money out of the bank, but once I got outside cops was everywhere. I got arrested, and now, I'm in jail for three years, maybe four. It depends on my actions." said Alex.

My eyes widened. "What would of happened if you didn't do it for that guy?" I asked. Her eyes looked away from mine, and at her lap. I kept staring at her. I really wanted to know. "He said he would kill my family, make me watch, then kill me.." said Alex as she trailed off.

I felt so bad for her. I felt like bringing her into a hug so bad. But I didn't. I stayed in the same position. "Wow, I'm so sorry. But if I was in your shoes, I would of did the same thing." I said completely honest. I would rather myself go down then the ones I love. 

Alex looked back up at me then smiled. "Thank you. For everything. Even though we only started hanging out two weeks ago, it felt like I knew you for a long time." said Alex before laughing a little bit. I laughed with her.

"Yeah, I know. It felt like forever already." I said, before our eyes met again. She smiled, as I returned the favor. "How about we go to the game room? I don't feel like eating this shit anymore." said Alex. I gave her a nod, agreeing.

We walked into the game room side by side. We stayed quiet the hole way there.

Once we got to the game room we found our spots in the very back of the room. Away from everyone else. "How about we actually try playing the game?" I asked. Alex nodded, laughing a bit.  God, everything about her reminds me of Angela. It pains me, but also makes me very happy. 

Donny's P.O.V

I don't like that kid around my girl, Alex. She's mine, and I'm afraid he's taking her away from me. They've been hanging out all the time. The only time there not together is at work, in there cell, or using the bathroom. Other then that, there compatible. 

Right now I'm watching them play that stupid game. I don't even know what it's called. But there actually playing it, instead of talking. My blood feels like it's about to boil over. If I see one little move being made, I'll slit his neck right in front of her. And I'll have no problem doing it either.

Luke's P.O.V

We where making jokes, laughing, and just talking about life. "What do you wanna do when you get out?" Alex asked me out of the blue. I'll be getting out way before her, but I'd love to spend my time out in the free with her by my side.

"I don't know... You wouldn't believe what I left behind while I came in here." I said feeling ashamed of myself. Alex knotted her eyebrows together. "Like what?" she asked, starting to get interested in my life again.

"I was in a famous band, with three other lads. I had money, fans, people who cared. But now that's all gone. I'm not getting any of that back when I get out. I'll have to live with my parents in tell I find a job, and get my own place." I said. I still cant believe this is reality.

When you make one mistake in life, it can ruin everything you have going for yourself. So watch what you do. Because your lucky what you have right now. Cherish what you got, and be proud.

"Wow! That's crazy. What was your band called?" asked Alex. I gulped. "Five Seconds Of Summer." I said. It hurts so bad to talk about this. It actually effects me to the point where I want to die.

"Holy shit. Your Luke, as in Luke Hemmings aren't you? I knew I seen you before, but I never expected it to be in a famous band." said Alex. I nodded, and threw my hands in the air.

"Yup. I'm Luke Hemmings. The big fail in life." I said before plopping my hands back down. Alex shook her head. "No, your not a fail in life. Your amazing, caring, sweet, and everything in between. You deserve to get the hell out of here, and be happy. Because a guy like you, doesn't need this. He needs someone to love him back, because your giving way to much love to the world. And you need some back." said Alex.

I looked into her eyes. She understands me so well. "Thank you." I said simply. She smiled back, before I felt a hand on my thigh. 

"Your welcome." she whispered before giving my thigh a little pat. She pulled away, and I could feel my jump suit tighten. Thank god my legs are under the table. I swear I'm a horny bastard. Probably because I never had sex in awhile.

I cleared my throat. "Alex, what are you gonna do when you get out?" I asked. She sighed, and shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever your doing I suppose." said Alex, and I laughed. "I'll wait for you, alright?" I asked before flashing my charming smile.

"Alright. I'm counting on it, Luke Hemmings." said Alex. I took her hand under the table, and intertwined my fingers in hers. She blushed slightly. "Don't need to worry. I promise you, when you get out I'll be at though's doors waiting for you." I said sure of my words.

Alex licked her dry lips. "Okay. I'm already excited." said Alex. I laughed. 

"Me too." I smiled.

Reader's note:

Why are my last chapters getting so short? Maybe because I suck. Well next chapter is officially the last one. I'll give you guys a hint what's gonna happen next. I'M FAST FORWARDING TO THE FUTURE. So there's your hint:) I really hope your liking this story guys:/ Because I'm feeling a bit uneasy about this book all together. Comment/vote pleaseee!!! Faster the update! Love you so much lovelies<3 Thank you for everything<3

NEW TWITTER: likewtfcameron

Instagram: sonyalovelies

-Xx Sonya