[40]

Cassie's outfit

Cassie's outfit

Cassie's Pov

Sitting at the bar I downed my last shot letting out a breathe as Caroline had tried to flag down the bartender but he kept walking away from us making me roll my eyes at him in annoyance.

Caroline was right, it felt like this whole huge deal turning it off but now that I have, I can honestly say there's isn't a greater feeling in the world than this, I feel freer than I've ever felt before in my entire life.

"Hello, I'm empty." Caroline had called out, causing the bartender to walk over to us with an very unamused look on his grumpy looking face. "Fill, Please."

"I think you've had enough," the bartender said before his eyes had shifted towards me and I instantly rolled my eyes at the man. "You've both had enough."

"Does it look like we care what you think?" I let out a loud laugh as I stared back at the man in front of me, before glancing over at the blonde with a small smirk finding its way up to my lips

"Yeah, look at my face. This is me staining to care less about what you think." Caroline said and stared at the man seriously with a straight face and squinting her eyes before letting out a loud laugh before shaking it off, and I stifled my own laughter. "Nope, I can't- I can't do it."

"Ok, I'm gonna call you two a cab." He said as he started to turn away but Caroline stopped him by grabbing his arm roughly.

"Here's the thing." Caroline began and I looked over at the blonde besides me. "My mom just died as in I just put her dead, cancer riddled body into the ground four hours and thirty six minutes ago."

The bartenders face softened at her words before saying, "I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Oh, no. She doesn't care about that." I spoke up, tilting my head to the side with a smirk on my face. "What my friend here is trying to say is that her feet, both of our feet have been in the worlds most uncomfortable heels for an entire day and your tequila is the only that seems to be doing a damn about it."