[19]

Cassie's outfit;

Cassie's outfit;

SITTING IN MY CAR I drove past the welcome to beacon hills sign, and I took in a deep breathe before forcing my eyes back on the road

SITTING IN MY CAR I drove past the welcome to beacon hills sign, and I took in a deep breathe before forcing my eyes back on the road. I turned the volume up on the radio and pushed my hair out of my face, as a song began playing but had nothing seemed to distract me from the thoughts in my head.

The first one would be, the fact that Erica lives in beacon hills and I was here now. I thought about going to see her, but I decided against it. I came here for one reason and one reason only, there was no time for pleasantries, at least not yet anyways.

And the bigger thought yet, would be that I have to kill an innocent person, sure I've killed people before but that's when the blood lust takes over, or when they're horrible people who've done horrible things, now I have to kill an innocent person who looks exactly like my best friend.

I won't say that I can't do it, because I have to. If I want to save Stefan's life I have to do it, and not only Stefan's but Serena's. The two people that I love over everything else, besides my son of course, I had to save them both.

"Help me, it's like the walls are caving in." I sang softly along, "sometimes I feel like giving up, but I just can't. It isn't in my blood."

The sound of my phone chiming filled my ears, instantly silencing me. I furrowed my eyebrows before grabbing my phone and glancing down at it for a second, frowning when I saw a message from Caroline.

Caroline; we have a problem

Cassie; whats going on?

I waited several seconds for her to reply as three dots appeared on the screen and my mouth dropped when I saw the message that Caroline had replied to me next.

I quickly dialed Sloan's number into my phone and waited several seconds for someone to answer the phone and once she did, I felt anger jolt through my body.

"We had a deal, I find Serena's last living doppelgänger." I snapped

"Lydia." Sloan cut in

"Lydia, I take care of Lydia and in return you stop using Stefan to psychically dopple bomb him." I spoke through gritted teeth, "because every time you link the two, you are frying Stefan's brain even more and more."