We got up and began to put our shoes on as Gage called to his mom that we were leaving for a little. I slapped my pockets and sighed.

                “Gage, grab my phone for me. It’s in my backpack,” I said.

                Gage reached into my backpack to get my phone and my heart just about dropped. Oh no, no, no. The notes were both in my backpack! What if Gage grabbed one on accident?!

                “Gage!” I cried, not thinking. I just wanted to get him away from my backpack now.

                He froze and stared at me in confusion, his hand in my bag. “What? Do you want me to get your fucking phone or what?” he asked in annoyance.

                “Uh…it’s…I think I left it at home,” I lied lamely.

                “No you didn’t. I saw you with it during lunch,” Gav said in confusion.

                Gage rolled his eyes and dug around my bag a little before producing my cell phone. He raised an eyebrow at me and thrust the phone into my hand.

                “Yea, you left it at home,” he grumbled, shoving by me and heading out of his front door.

                We followed him outside as I fought off an embarrassed blush. We walked a little ways before coming to the playground.

                “Monkey bars! Monkey bars!” Gav and I chanted before making animal noises and launching over to the monkey bars.

                “Me first!” Gav cried, shoving me out of the way.

                “No! Me!” I argued, shoving him back and jumping up, grabbing the monkey bars.

                Gav let out a whine and grabbed my legs, yanking me down. I fell on top of him and we glared at each other before jumping up and shoving each other.

                “My monkey bars!” Gav cried.

                “Mine!” I cried right back.

                “I feel like I’m babysitting. Holy shit guys. You don’t even do the monkey bars. You just sit on top of them!” Gage said, shoving us away from each other.

                We glared at each other before climbing on top of the monkey bars and sitting down on them, our legs swinging. Gav and I childishly turned our heads away from each other.

                “Not talking to you,” we said at the same time.

                “Oh brother,” Rose said with a sigh, climbing up and sitting next to us.

                “I’m ignoring you,” Gav said.

                “Well, I was ignoring you first. So don’t ignore me ignoring you expecting me to acknowledge you ignoring me ignoring me ignoring you,” I said simply.

                “Oh no I’ve gone cross eyed,” Gav said, staring at me in confusion.

                “You guys are dumbasses. I need new friends,” Gage grumbled.

                “Gage, you love us!” Gav and I cried at the same time.

                “Trav, Gav, think again,” he said simply, folding his hands behind his head casually.