Can We Get Along?

Tuesday 6pm

I had just got into my car and leaving the hospital when I got a text from Dave asking what I was doing.

To: Asshole 6:07PM

Just getting off work

From: Asshole

I'm coming over

I frowned

To: Asshole

Um no and how you just invite yourself over?

From: Asshole

Easy, I juz did be there in 20 and leave the door unlocked

I didn't even bother to respond because he always thing he running something and he needs to know that's not the case. I got home and LOCKED the door before heading into my room to take a shower about 15 minutes later I get out and wrap my towel around me. I walked into my room and jumped and screamed when I saw Dave sitting on my bed nonchalant on his phone.

"What the fuck Dave" I said while holding my chest from him scaring me

"I thought I said leave the door unlocked"

"You did but I could care less, how'd you get in" I asked

"Don't worry about it"

I grabbed my clothes and went in the bathroom and changed before going back into the room

"What" I asked as he stared

He shook his head

"Why'd you come over"

"So friends can't visit one another"

"I wouldn't consider you a friend" I said as I lotioned up my legs

He nodded "Oh so I guess you wouldn't want the shrimp and broccoli a friend got for you"

I perked up "That's my favorite"

"I know"

We chilled, ate, talked and watched TV until he left at 10:45 saying he had some business to handle and I was surprised he was actually not bad of a person to talk to.

Friday 6:45pm

"Awww it's so pretty" Lonnie said looking at Reya's bracelet

"Yes, girl so I know you didn't stay mad at him after that"

"I couldn't, he been got the bracelet but had been so caught up with getting things ready for the shop in LA he lost track of the days and I can't be mad at him for working and he technically didn't forget about me"

"Awww that is so sweet and he put some thought into" I added

Reya just smiled

"But on to you ma'am I heard you and my cousin have been kicking it the last few days"

I rolled my eyes "Its nothing"

"Mhm hmmmm nothing my ass, Juan was trying to call Dave pretty much all last night to tell him something about the shop and finally Dave called him back this morning" Reya said

I shrugged my shoulders "He fell asleep watching a movie DJ wore him out yesterday"

"Awww look at ya'll all cute and stuff"Lonnie added while eating her pasta

"We've just been enjoying each others company getting to know one another"

"It's about time" Reya said while Yani and Reya nodded in agreement

"Oh don't forget we are going to be looking at bridesmaid dresses next Thursday my friend from school is flying in since she will be the fourth bridesmaid, Yera will be texting a reminder" she said referring to her older sister and maid of honor"

"Ok, sounds good"

Thursday came super quick we are now sitting in the bridal store getting ready to look at dresses. Yani was texting on her phone while the rest of us were enjoying the champagne.

"Ok, good Kim should be here any minute and um Kori-"

She was cut off by someone saying her name and we turned around to see Kim. Yani and Kim shared a hug and I missed you's before she made her way over to us.

"Kim I want you to meet my besties from childhood Reya, Kori and Lonnie"

We waved to her and smiled back

We had just finished picking out a dress we all agreed on and was headed to a lounge and when we got there the guys were to.

"Yani is that your cousin over there" Kim asked while applying some lip gloss

"Yea" Yani answered nervously

We made our way over to them and greeted them when Kim went over to Dave she gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek and sat in his lap. He looked caught off guard and everyone else was looking shocked.

"The fuck" Kori said to herself