Get It Together

Saturday

10:45 P.M.

I was having a gathering at my place to celebrate the opening of a new tattoo shop in California

I was having a gathering at my place to celebrate the opening of a new tattoo shop in California. While we were out there I was doing interviews and last minute work in the shop and I felt confident that I picked the right people for the shop. As I sat by the pool looking around at the small group of people that I banged with seeing them drinking having a good time. Then my eyes fell on Kori who was sitting down on the other side of the pool laughing at something Yani had said. Once again she was ignoring me. I knew she liked me and was feeling her but I just couldn't get with her attitude and smart ass mouth. Sent an edible arrangement but the way she came at me when she came to the shop in front of everyone which she seems to do often I'm going to have to let her know that shit is going to stop.

I was interrupted from my thoughts from a text message

I ignored it and put my phone back in my pocket. I look over towards the sliding back door I saw Lonnie storming in the house looking pissed with J following right behind her and all I could do was shake my head because I knew some shit was going on.

"Waddup my dude" Devin said as he took a seat next to me with  Crown Royal and Coke in his cup

"Shit just chillin looks like J got some shit going on with him and Lonnie"

Devin sucked his teeth "That nigga dumb he forgot about Lonnie birthday yesterday and he didn't say anything until she finally said something to him today"

"Damn yea that nigga bout to have blue balls" I said and we both laughed

"Let me guess ya'll laughing at J dumb ass" Juan said while walking up to us

"Hell yea like how you forget your girl birthday we all know birthdays and anniversaries are the main things you just don't forget" Devin said

"Glad my ass ain't got to deal with that shit no more"

"Nigga we all know you and Kor Kor going to be together"

"Maaaan that's if I don't end up strangling her ass first I swear she got one more time to come at me sideways"

"Yea, mama be going hard I'm surprised how you keep your cool"

"After that shit that happened last year and anger management I'm trying to chill but I let her ass know yesterday don't keep playing with me"

"Once you give her ass the good as act right she'll know what the fuck is up" Devin said

Juan shook his head in agreement

Kori

I looked at my phone and saw that it was going on 1 am. Everyone but the crew minus J and Lonnie were gone. We were just sitting in Dave's living room chillin and talking.

I yawned and stretched as I got up and grabbed my cup I was drinking from. Throughout the night I'd glance over at Dave seeing him talking throughout the night.

"You ready" I asked Reya since Lonnie was my ride home

"Yea give me a sec Imma go use the bathroom"

"Ok" I walked in the kitchen to throw my trash away

When I turned around I ran into Dave's chest

"Damnit why would you creep up on me like that" I said annoyed

"Oh my bad had to throw something away"

I rolled my eyes and adjusted my shorts that kept risen up. I saw Dave's low red eyes trailing my body and licked his lips

"Why you got those little ass shorts on"

"Because I want them on"

He shook his head still looking at me through low eyes. I tried walking out the kitchen but Dave grabbed my arm.

"I don't have time for this Dave Reya waiting on me"

"Naw she gone I told her she didn't need to take you home"

My mouth dropped "What why would you do that she was my ride home"

By now I was fuming and stormed into the living room and tried to call Reya to see if she could turn around to come back but she never answered. Dave walked in the room and I had just realized he had basketball shorts on and I saw something swinging.

"She won't be back tonight" he said with a smirk and walked upstairs to his room

Lonnie

"Fuck you all you ever do is think about yourself" Reya yelled as they stood in her room

"Baby I said I was sorry ok, my mind has been all over the place since we got back from Cali with the shop opening" J walked over to his duffle bag and pulled out a box

Lonnie just stood there with her arms crossed not entertaining his late gift

"Stop being stubborn and open it I ordered it a month ago planning to give it to you on your birthday"

She huffed and opened it to revealed a silver bracelet and when she read the charm on it she instantly started crying

"Mommy's Angel"