Snacktime Smiles [Moxiety] (Parents AU)

Start from the beginning

Yep. He had nothing. Patton meanwhile had been getting the girls to eat by making them eat anything that Patton could balance on their nose. It was a challenge. The girls were having fun with Patton. Tricks like that normally don't work with Ray. He sees right through it. He's a smart lad. Virgil pondered for a moment, then got an idea. What if he asked Ray to make something new out of his fruit? He already ate excess he didn't need. Prime example being the grapes. Virgil smirked and baited Ray into his trap.

"Bet you can't make a dinosaur."

"Bet I can!"

"Show me."

"Watch! Watch Me Dada!"

Ray began taking apart his little fort and began sorting out all of the different fruits he had left. He ate an orange or two while doing this task. Virgil chuckled, checking in on his husband and their daughters. Patton was done with apples and had started covering their eyes with oranges and grapes since they don't stay on their noses. They all were laughing and having a good time. Smiles were found all around. Man, who knew snacktime with a bunch of fruit could even be so fun! Hooray for fruit!

Ray began using his chubby toddler hands to make a pear head, a giant one for a T-Rex. He used an orange for the eyes and he ate another orange. Ray must really love oranges. He used oranges for the little arms on a body also made of pears. He then used apples to make the legs and tail. There were some leftovers, so he gobbled them all up. Ray was grinning a tad his accomplishment, not even realizing that he was eating this healthy snack that little kids are supposed to hate. Now Virgil needed him to make something even smaller. He looked up and saw Patton doing the thing with the giant hunk of Pear again, smiling and getting the girls to mimick him with their own pears. Virgil smiled. He had an idea.

"Why don't you make Papa and his smiley face?"

Ray looked over at his other dad, watching his goofy laugh and demeanor. Ray nodded and got right to work. Orange eyes, apple glasses, and a big pear smile. He had four apples, two oranges, and a pear slice left to eat. He's doing better than the girls, who still have three pears, two grapes, and six apples left to eat. Take that Patton! Then again, he has two kids rather than one to deal with. Oh well. Virgil didn't know what else to do. How does he get rid of the rest of these fruits? Virgil sighed in defeat. He was hopeless.

"Dada, look! Look!"

Virgil saw that Ray was copying his sisters and his Papa, using the big pear smile and grinning at him. Virgil snirked and ruffled his son's hair. He ate the pear and then took one of the apples, doing the same thing. After putting one in his mouth he extended an apple slice to Virgil. Virgil was confused. That's his snack.

"Open! Apple Smiles!"

Apple smiles? Yeah. Apple smiles. Virgil took the apple and stuck it in. It was too small for his mouth, but who cares? It's all about being silly anyways. Before they knew it, all of the kids had eaten all of their fruit. Who knew snacktime could ever be so fun!

1277 Words

Bonus Ending

Remember when Patton said he noticed how Virgil instantly became refreshed when seeing his loved ones smile and be goofy? Well, Patton had decided that Virgil deserves more than to just be tired all the time. Virgil had been working hard to be a good dad. They're both tired. Sure, they still have date night Saturday, but it's only Monday. Patton had a special surprise for Virgil after he finished putting the triplets down for their nap. Patton had almost everything set up. He just needs a little bit more time...

"Patton? What's all this?"

Crap. He was caught too early. Patton turned around and clumsily smiled a grin only someone who got caught would grin. What was he doing? Well... He was setting up the living room for a movie marathon. He was expecting to get some cuddles and have Virgil fall asleep on him while watching some good Disney Movies on Netflix. Moana was already on the screen and he was working on getting some finger foods for them to snack on like pretzels and popcorn.... and fruit gummies... He also got some sparkling cider for them to sip on during the cuddle time. 

"Sorry, Virge. I just wanted to have some down time while the kids take a nap. I know how tired and stressed you are and I wanted to help you relax."

Virgil looked around, taking everything in. Lights were dimmed and only a lamp or two was on. The curtains were closed and pillows and blankets were pile down onto the couch like whipped cream on a sundae. Virgil shook his head, unable to contain his dorky smile. Alright Patton. You win. Ya nerd.

"Shut up and get on the couch. It's cuddle time."

Patton grinned and hurriedly got all the snacks over to the coffee table in front of the couch. Virgil flipped down and Patton soon joined him. Before long, Virgil was dead asleep and Patton was lost in the magical music of Lin Manuel Miranda.

1607 Words

Seriosuly Guys. Eat more fruit. It's healthy for you, it tastes good, you make make smiley faces out of it, and it's just fun to eat. Eat some oranges. Eat a pear. An apple. Something. Just have some fruit and feel good about yourself. VIVA LA FRUIT BABY WOOOOOOO!!!

~Eva