21 - Hurt.

Chapter 21•

Beep...beep...beep

I groan at the noise, grabbing my pillow to cover my ears and block the noises.

"Let me sleep, you damn alarm!" I muttered.

I was come back late last night and unable to go straight to sleep. Nick was bolted out of the restaurant without a word after knowing that I was getting close to Jack, understandable because they were bestfriend before. Talking about awkwardness.

I don't know what time I finally drift off, but I'm sure I still awake when the time hit one in the morning. And today is Saturday, I just want to sleep more. I love my relationship with my bed But apparently, my alarm clock is jealous because it keep screaming in my ears.

Why I set my alarm clock again?
Usually I don't set alarm clock on weekend. What did I miss?

"Are you seriously talking to an alarm clock?" A voice, or rather a male voice called somewhere in the room made my eyes snapped awake. I sat straight and scanned my room until my eyes landed on a smirking Jack standing at the door of my room. Amusement gleaming in his eyes

"How the hell did you get in?"

"I have my way, now come on get up!, we have somewhere to go!" He said, leaning on the door frame and folding his arms across his chest.

He looks hot doing that pose as if he was someone just popped out of some magazine cover. His dark hair is disheveled as if he keep racking his fingers through it. Just the way I love the hair style should be in boys.

He wear a red and black plaid shirt with sleeve rolled up to his elbows showing off his strong muscle forearms. A pair of black worn out jeans and light brown boots. He looks damn hot, no wonder Tessa keep bugging him whenever we go out together these past weeks which getting in my nerves by the way. I need to upgrade my game.

"Are you done checking me out?" Jack asked, wide smirk plastered on his face.

I scoffed at him but didn't deny it causing him to chuckles. I lay back on my bed, tucking the comforter up to my chin. "Five minutes please" I mumble, closing my eyes and get comfortable.

I was about to drift off when I feel my bed dipped down from the weight. Not a moment later, an arm sneaking on my waist and pulled me against a hard warm wall.

"On second thought, I definitely love this position and I think we should just stay on the bed all day." Jack said in my ear. His warm breath fanning against the back of my neck, sending tingles down my spine. His arms holding me tight against his chest, I can feel his beating heart. My own heart take that moment to faster it pace, I just wish Jack didn't know it while I mentally screaming for it to slow down.

"Kate!"

"Hmmm"

"Come on get ready, we have somewhere to be." Jack whispered in my ear. I turn my position to face him. Bad move on my part. Because as soon as I face him, our face are just an inch apart made my breath caught in my throat. Suddenly my lips feel dry and involuntarily my tongue lick my bottom lip. Jack eyes shifted from my eyes to my lips, his bright blue eyes suddenly become darker shade of blue.

Jack arm tightened around my waist made me unable to move. His face moving closer to mine made me panic a little. But also made me curious as to how it feels to be kissed by Jack. My eyes dropped to his lips and it urge me to just close the distance between us and kiss him already.

Riiing ... Riiing ... Riiing!

A ringing phone made my eyes snapped open, I didn't know when I close my eyes. Apparently I was too caught up in the moment, and Jack closeness presence isn't helping either. Jack fall back oh his back facing the ceiling with his eyes closed. But something in his face made me smirk at him. There's a faint shade of pink staining his handsome face.