12- Mom's Promise.

_________________________________

Chapter 12:

"Jack stop eye raping my girl and get your ass up here!" Charlie's voice boomed through the microphone, he's already up on the stage along with Joe and Harry who are snickering behind him.

My mouth drop open while the girls laughing along with other patrons. Jack glaring at his brother, but Charlie seemed to not care, he smirked in triumph.

"I am just kidding, you know I love you brother." He wink at Jack. I shook my head in amusement, Charlie is one of a kind. "Anyway the performance tonight is special" he continue.

Performance? I mouthed at Jack, but he just shrugged.

"Not many knows he can sing very well and he doesn't like to sing in public or have an audience, so this is a big deal for us" Charlie said on the microphone gathering everyone attention. "tonight finally he stepped out of his comfort zone and dedicated a song to someone special, please give it up for my brother, Jackson Harris." The whole bar applaud and their eyes focus on Jack.

I watched Jack walking to the stage with confusion. Charlie said he dedicated a song for someone special, is it his girlfriend?

The thought made something stirred in my chest. I still have to figure out what's this strange feeling I have whenever Jack is in the picture.

I turn to Addison beside me, she just smirked at me, I turn to Milly and Abigail, both of them just shrugged their shoulders. I turn my attention back to the stage, Jack with a mic, Charlie is ready with his guitar, Harry behind the organ keyboard and Joe behind the drum. All of them are quite drool worthy.

"Kate... Sometimes you just have to accept what happened, smile and move on, I hope this song can put a smile on your face"  Jack said through the microphone. I can feel my face heated, I never had anyone to do something like this for me, let alone do it with audiences.

Jack glance to his friends and nod and they started playing their instruments, immediatelly I recognize the tone. It's "I'm only me When I'm with you" by Taylor swift, one of my many favorite songs.

How on Earth did he knows that?

I turn to Milly, she and Abigail was watching my every reaction, when their eyes meet mine, they smile guiltily. I sigh, my friends really annoying when I didn't want them to, but deep down I know, they only look out for me and I am lucky to have them by my side. I divert my attention back to Jack who is currently singing flawlessly, he sing really good.

Friday night beneath the stars

In a field behind your yard.
You and I are paintin' pictures in the sky.
And sometimes we don't say a thing;
Just listen to the crickets sing.
Everything I need is right here by my side.

And I know everything about you
I don't wanna live without you.

I'm only up when you're not down.
Don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground.

Jack eyes meet mine when he said those line. I can feel the Goosebumps crawling my body. He send a wink my way, made me smile with out me knowing.