11. Friends

_____________________________________

Chapter 11:

Kate's POV-

Beep.......

My phone buzzed from my night stand. Tearing my gaze from the ceiling, I take a look at the screen of my phone.

Unread message: 1.

I let out a small sighed. I've been laying on my bed for hours, not sleeping, just laying. Abigail come earlier, tried to get me out of bed, but it just futile attempt. Milly called me million times, no success either.

It's almost two weeks since mom's demise. I quit my part time job at the bar. No more extra shift at the hotel too. I am not busy after office hours, but I'm not free either. I spend most my time at my apartment, all alone. With only the memories of my mother accompanied me. And that's when all tears pouring out freely. I missed her so much.

Death changes everything, time changes nothing. I still miss the sound of your voice, the wisdom in your advices, the story of your life, your presence and everything about you mom. So no. Time changes nothing, I still miss you as much today as I did the day you died, I just missed you so much mom. And I'm sure this feeling will ever go anytime soon. Never.

I am not smiling ever since. My colleagues, my friends, all tried to cheer me up, but it short lived. I still smiling when I broke up with Nicholas, but a part of me died, the moment my mother left. Now I really don't have anybody as family. Now I feel like I have no more strength.

What am I going to do with my life?

Lazily I take my phone and unlocked it to see the message.

Jack:
Hey, be ready in two hours from now, wear something comfortable.

What the heck is he talking about?
Should I decline?

Before I knew it, my fingers already flying around the screen, typing a reply.

Me:
Where are we going?

Jack's reply was an instant, it's like he is waiting for my reply and keep the message windows open.

Jack:
Somewhere to take your mind away. Milly told me, you've been mopping this past week.

Me:
Remind me to kill her later.

Jack:
LOL. you wont. You love that girl.

Me:
Right of course. But again, where are we going?.

Jack:
Sweetheart, that's for me to know, and for you to just follow my order.

Me:
Heyy! I'm not your employee anymore.

Jack:
Just go with it, will you?

I let out a defeated sighed. This boy will be the death of me one day.

Me:
Fine!.