8: Truth or Dare

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 8:

We pulled up at the long driveway in front of a two storey modern house. A few cars line up in the driveway, which silently tell me that Jack and Charlie's friends already here.

Suddenly I felt nervous, I don't know any of them except Jack. Charlie seemed nice but how about the other of their friends? How if they doesn't like the fact that I'm crashing their get together party.

Jack grabbed my hand, snapped me out of my daze. I didn't realize he already standing beside me and the passenger door already open, He squeeze my hand gently and giving me an encouraging smile.

"You will be alright, come on, everyone is waiting" he said. I just nodded my head and let him guide me to the front door.

The house is a normal two storey with modern design. There's flower garden on each side of the driveway with different type of flowers blooming. the scents of it filled my nostril, I inhaled a deep breath to calm my nerves.

The front door burst open just before Jack reach out for the handle. Revealing a grinning Cheesier cat, I mean Charlie.

I worder if he ever stop grinning.

He wore a pair of black jeans and white shirt which few top button he leave it undone. Once he sees me, he stepped out and envelope me in a tight bear hug.

"At least somebody is excited to see me" Jack said sarcastically.

"I'm so happy you are here Kate" Charlie said, ignoring Jack's comment. He let go of me and give Jack a hug too. "Glad you could make it brother"

"Happy birthday man" Jack said, patting his back.

"Thanks bro, come on bring your girlfriend inside, we are just about to start our game routine" Charlie said.

"He's not my boyfriend" I said at the same time Jack said "she's not my girlfriend."

I sneak a glance to Jack at the same time he did so, both of us chuckles while following Charlie to the living room where two boys and one girl are sitting and talking enthusiastically.

All of them stopped whatever they were talking and divert their attention to us when we entering the room. The boys exchange a knowing glance while the girl smiling happily. I catch Jack rolling his eyes to his friends.

The beautiful blonde girl with green eyes stand up skipping to us and jumped on Jack which he catch her effortlessly.

"I miss you so much" she said.

I feel something nudge my heart at the sight before me. But I brushed it off by averting my eyes to scan the house.

There's a set of sofa surrounding a coffee table which currently occupied by their friends, a clasic wooden staircase leading to second floor.

"You just see me last week, that's not possible you could miss me" Jack said, chuckling.

The girl pout and let go of Jack then turn to me, smiling brightly.