15- Anger.

Chapter 15:

"Be my girlfriend."

What?

I blinked back at him, shocked. That's not something I'd expect him to say out of the blue. I didn't move, I seemed have lost my voice too, only my eyelids blinking at him furiously.

"What?" Finally I'm able to get the word out and that's the only question I could muster right now.

Jack watches me carefully, he turn around and mumbled something incoherently before facing me again with a slightly calm expression.

"I am sorry" he said. "Remember earlier this evening when Tessa barge in my car I said to her you were my girlfriend. " He said nervously. "Um.. what I mean to say is-"

"You want me to pretend as your girlfriend around her?" I finished his unspoken words. And he smiled at me gratefully.

"I couldn't say it better..." He grin, showing off his perfect set of teeth and a single dimple. "So?"

"Well, you kind of scared me for a moment there.... Because, you know... I am not looking for a rebound. But I can help you if needed." I shot him a reassuring smile. He let out breath of relief.

That's not so bad, right? Act as his girlfriend only when a certain someone around. I could do that. But why I found some disappointment in me? Silence engulfing us, we lost deep in our own thoughts. At a moment like this, I wish I could read mine. Jack inhales a deep breaths and when he was about to say something, a loud thud followed by a string of course words draw our attention.

Both of us turning at the same time, me turn to my left while Jack who was sitting in my left side turn to his right and out movements made us collide face to face.

"Oow."

"Sorry." He chuckles. "You alright?" He cup my face in his warm palm as he inspect my forehead that hit his...

"Just kiss already!" A new voice startled both of us made me jump up from the bench. Jack close his eyes for a moment before turning his attention to the voice coming from behind us, a few meters away from us...

"What the hell are you doing here Charlie?"

Charlie step out from the darkness behind the pine trees followed by Joe, Harry and Addison. All of them have amused looks. How long have they been hiding there?. did they heard everything? I hope not.

"Kate says going to the toilet, but she take forever to get back, and you are missing too. I remember something you say about meteor, I don't know what's that mean." Charlie said, grinning like a Cheesier cat.

"And we're here because we need a quiet place to work on our new project. I thought you knew that." Joe said.

"Sorry to umm.. crash... Your um date." Harry said awkwardly.

Jack and I share a confused looks, but before I get the chance to deny his assumption, Jack beat me to it.

"Yeah... You should be sorry. But we are just leaving. Good night morons.!" Jack grab my wrist and led me back to his car.

I didn't realize it was already late. Time seemed to fly when Jack is with me. The drive to my apartment was quiet. Not awkward, but good quiet with both of us enjoying our presence.

When he pulled up in front of my beat up - cheap looking apartment, I thanked him for the fun night and just about to open my door when a hand grip on my wrist stopped my movement. I averted my gaze from the door to my wrist and followed up to the owner of the hand.