14- Confession.

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14:

"That show."

I tilted my head up and for the second time tonight I gasps loudly.

"Oh my God!"

Up there in the dark night sky was a supernatural Meteor showers. The rare mother nature event which I love to watch in person.

Suddenly my mind jumped back to where I was a little girl excited to see Meteor showers for the first time with her father. When everything was .... perfect.

"A meteor shower is the result of an interaction between a planet, such as Earth, and streams of debris from a comet." My father explained to my five year old self. How do I can remember everything he said that time is beyond my mind. I just do. "Each time a comet swings by the Sun in its orbit, some of its ice vaporizes and a certain amount of meteoroids will be shed. The meteoroids spread out along the entire orbit of the comet to form a meteoroid stream, also known as a "dust trail"". He added

"I - it's breathtakingly beautiful." I whispered a low words, but I'm sure Jack could hear that loud and clear because he was still side-hugging me.

"Is it ... Really beautiful." He replied after sometime. From the corner of my eyes, I could see he wasn't looking at the sky, but rather staring right at ... me?

Heat spreading across my cheeks, thank God, it's dark around here or else he can see me blushing. A moment later, he lifted up his hand which is not holding me and wipes something on my cheeks. I turn to him with confusion written all over my face.

He raised an eyebrow perfectly at me. "Are you okay? You have been silently crying. Again."

Did I?

I blinked back at him twice and use my finger to rub my eyes. True, there's water evidence catches in my finger. I didn't know I was crying until he pointed it out. I shook my head, demise his accusation. "I am fine."

"Kate, you know that you can dumped your baggage on me, you can tell me anything." He said, squeeze my shoulder lightly. "I won't sell your stories, remember?" He added quietly. I stare at him a moment longer than necessary. Debating with myself.

Do I want to? Talking about my past which is not always rainbows and unicorns isn't something I like to, but his actions tonight bring me back to them without he knowing it. And he already had problems of his own. I can see it in his eyes that he's troubled, but he pretend to appear like nothing happened.

Hesitantly I said: "you already have a lot in your mind, I don't want to add my petty little trouble on your already full troubled mind." I choose my words as nice as I could muster, hoping he wouldn't get offended. Instead, his smile bloom across his perfect lips, showing a single dimple on his left cheek. An adorable dimple.

"You watching me?"

"No. But earlier I saw that commotion in the parking lot bothering you the entire drive here." I said, trying to bend the arrow back to him. "You could talk it out too, you know. Like somebody told me to."

He sighs loudly, giving me a sign that what I thought was right.

"Fair enough." He said diverting his gaze from me to the ocean water before us, he ran a hand through his hair before starting his story. "Her name is Tessa, we go to college together, but she's not a friend of mine. She was ... one of my ex girlfriend's minions, if you know what I mean, the one who always follow her around." He pause to turn to face me, propping his left leg on his right leg. I nodded but not saying anything to interrupt him.