FINAL CHAPTER

Author's POV

Soon after the kiss stopped. Sooyoung was blushing, and Sungjae's smile reached his ears. "Wait... this isn't fair. You've never asked me out on a date." Sooyoung pouted. "Then, consider this as our first date." He said. "Our first date is at my grandma's house? You're so boring."

"Who said we were gonna go to your grandma's house? Why? Do you want to go there?" Sungjae started driving again. "Wait... we aren't going to grandma's place? Of course we aren't... you don't even know where she lives." Sooyoung said as she looked out the window. "We're going to the beach close to your grandmother's place. But of course it isn't that close." He smiled. "Yeah, yeah... let's just go already."

- - - - -

Joohyun and Chanyeol slowly walked to where the urn of Joohyun's mother. Chanyeol stayed behind her, thinking, "Should I let her go? I don't want to but that would just be selfish of me. And what makes me look even more selfish is the fact that it's her dream... we haven't been together for that long, yet she already has to leave me?" He sighed as the questions kept playing on his head.

Meanwhile, Joohyun started speaking. "Mom... I'm sorry." She took a deep breath and smiled before continuing her sentence. "I know I should've found a way to help you even if I was the youngest child, but I guess I was just too dumb and relied on my older siblings too much. And, when I had the opportunity to save you, I took it but you left too early. Why did you have to leave early, mom? Why couldn't you just wait for me? You know what..." Joohyun started to sob. "It's fine. At least I tried. But I'll make you proud and achieve my dream. Our dream. I'm going to stay in the US for a few years and be an author there. I promise I won't let you down... I'll get going now mom." She managed to keep her smile even though tears were rolling down her cheeks.

The moment she looked back, Chanyeol smiled back at him as he spread his arms, signalling her to go to him so she wrapped her arms around him. Chanyeol did the same and gave her a forehead kiss. He suddenly said, "I'll let you go."

"W-Wait? For real?" She looked at him surprised. "Do I look like I'm joking?" He looked down at the short girl. "Are you sure about it? You can think of it more."

"Why are you suddenly acting like you don't want to go?" They both let go of the hug. "It's not that I don't want to go. I just don't want to see you regret your decision." She showed him a cute face, "I'm sure. I'm letting you go. It's not like you'll be there forever, right? It'll only be for a few years. We can still keep contact and I can visit you from time to time."

"I swear I love you." Joohyun gave him a peck on the lip. "I love you too." He smiled. Joohyun started to feel her face get hot. "Aish... I'm too handsome." Chanyeol teased her. "Shut up. Let's go back to the car." They both walked back to the car.

- - - - -

"Are we there yet, oppa?" Sooyoung asked Sungjae in a cutely annoying voice. "No one ever gave you the permission to call me oppa, but yes, we're here." Sungjae replied as he took off his seatbelt and walked out of the car, he quickly ran to the other side to open the door for Sooyoung. "When did you learn to be kind?" She asked again as she walked out of the car. "Don't ask."

"Promise me you won't get my shoes wet." She didn't start walking until Sungjae replied, "What the heck? You can take them off, Sooyoung." They stared at each other until Sungjae got on his knees and untied Sooyoung's shoes, but she pulled her feet away and started to laugh, "I was kidding. Let's go." She said as she kicked off he shoes and pulled Sungjae towards the ocean. Without any hesitation, Sooyoung splashed water on Sungjae. "Hey, it isn"t fair if you don't get wet!" He started to splash her as well, but she managed to run away. "Let's play fair if you can catch me." She immediately started to run and Sungjae chased her around. "Come here."