Chapter 14: Decision

A few days have passed since the death of Joohyun's mother, and she's been acting different lately which isn't that strange. She still ignores Chanyeol even after he saved her, she always thinks to herself "I just helped him anyway."

Meanwhile, Chanyeol is still confused if he actually likes Joohyun or not. His excuse is always, "I have a girlfriend. I can't like Joohyun." Jackson and Joohyun have been hanging out recently since Jackson always comforts Joohyun. One time, he picked her up from school and Chanyeol somewhat felt a bit jealous which made him even more confused if he likes Joohyun.

But, that's not the problem now. Sungjae and Sooyoung have their performance today. They've only been practicing for days since the announcement was last minute, but in their opinion their performance is just right. They wore simple clothes as it was just a vocal performance. The students that were going to perform were just waiting for the event to start. As Sooyoung was scrolling through her phone, she received a text message from her brother.

It read:
Sooyoung-ah, grandma is going to watch your pefrformance. Do a good job.

Really, oppa?

So do you not believe me now? She's coming to see you. That's all. I'm also going to watch your stage and leave afterwards since I have to film for my drama. Same with grandma.

She didn't reply anymore since one of the university staff called her and Sungjae. Their university had a pretty big stage room. Anyway, the lights dimmed out and silence echoed the stage room. The music started to play.

Sungjae sang first as they both walked out toward the stage. Sooyoung came out from the left side, while Sungjae came out from the right side. Once they reached the middle part of the stage, they sat down and continued singing.

Sooyoung noticed her father watching at the very front, so she just gave him a smile. She roamed around the crowd, and looked for her grandmother. After a few seconds of her eyes roaming, she found her. She sat at the back part since majority of the people sitting down in the middle part are students. She was smiling brightly, proud of her grand daughter. But, little did Sooyoung know that behind that smile, was something that would give her a lot of pain.

-----

Once they finished, everyone howled, cheered, and clapped their hands for the two as they singers stood up. They were about to bow until Sungjae suddenly held Sooyoung's hand which made her surprised. She felt her heart flutter at his action. She went with it anyway. Everyone stared at the two in awe as they slowly walk back into the back stage. Before Sungjae could escape, "What was that? Why did you suddenly hold my precious hands?" Sooyoung suddenly spoke. "I don't know... why did I hold your hand?" Sungjae asked back. "But good job today." He smiled which made her smile back.

They decided to treat themselves to skip the rest of the event and treat themselves to some food. But, as they were walking out, someone walked up to them. "Excuse me, Park Sooyoung and Yook Sungjae."

"Yes?" The two looked up to the woman in confusion. "Your fathers want you into the chairman's office now." She said. "Us? Why?" She asked her again. "I don't know the reason, but please head there."

"Oh... okay." They headed for the chairman's office. Sooyoung didn't bother knocking, so Sungjae thought it was rude. "You two have finally come." Sungjae's father smiled. "You're probably wondering why we called the two of you here. That reason is because our families will be helping an orphanage together. And since both of you are pretty close, we decided that the both of you should help. Don't worry, your siblings will also be there. So, what do you say?"