Chapter 9: Special Event

"What is it you want to talk about?" Chanyeol asked Joohyun. "Have you and Hyerim been talking? She told me you stayed at her place last night. I think we can finally end this soon."

Chanyeol didn't know how to react at Joohyun's words, he never even went to Hyerim's place ever since their break-up. "Okay, how bad do you hate me that you want to try and fool me with that?" Chanyeol asked again. "I'm not mad... but hey we agreed on dating for my punishment and I never gave you permission to sleep with another girl." Joohyun got irritated.

Joohyun turned her back, but Chanyeol quickly grabbed her hand. "Now what, Chanyeol?"

"Okay, what Hyerim said was a lie. We're ending this by the day after tomorrow because that plan I told you earlier will get Hyerim back. She's gets really jealous when those things happen."

Joohyun couldn't do anything but smirk. "Okay, then. But, if you don't give me the money I'll use Sooyoung's power. Call me greedy but, truth is... I need that money for my mom." That was all she said before she turned her back again and walked away from the scene.
-----
As Sooyoung left the bathroom, she saw Sungjae waiting for her. Sooyoung just bowed and continued walking. "About Catalina... I'll talk to her." He stopped Sooyoung from walking.

"I can talk to her instead." Sooyoung insisted. "You don't have to. Let's just talk to her together tomorrow at Chanyeol's party. You'll receive an invitation later, so make sure to go there if you want to he forgiven."

"Okay..." Sooyoung kept her straight face as she got on her feet and walked away.
-----
"Sungjae-ah! The chairman wants us in her room." Chanyeol informed his friend. They both walked to the chairman's office. When the two boys entered, they saw two unexpected girls. Sooyoung and Joohyun. "Please take seat Mr. Yook and Mr. Park."

The two boys did as he said, and took a seat. "I heard you two were the bad boys of this university... which was very unexpected for you Mr. Yook since you come from a rich family. But, I've checked the CCTV footages and since Sooyoung and Catalina Kim were far from the crowd, it's clear that Sooyoung didn't push Catalina Kim. Anyway, I called you two here to protect these girls. I mean, I don't want them to bullied. I haven't receieved any news with Joohyun yet, but since they're exchange students from Mokpo I want you to show these two around and let's say protect them. I might seem overprotective, but Yook Sungjae, this is how you pay your debt when you hit my son." The chairman, Park Taebin smirked. "This isn't something you can decline to... I'll also give you bonus points. This will end next month, so endure it."

"But dad! Isn't this kind of stupid? Joohyun and I can take care of ourselves." Sooyoung complained. "Hey, Park Sooyoung! Don't raise your voice at me."

"Sir, I also don't think I can do thi-"

"If you can't do it, I'll deduct 60% of your grades. It would be hard to get a job." Park Taebin threatened. "It's only for one month. You just have to show them around a bit, and since Sooyoung seems to be bullied, I don't want anything worse to happen. That's all. Everyone exit... Right now!"

With that, everyone walked out. "Aish... what do we do now? Oh, right. Oppa, you guys don't have to do it if you don't want to..." Said Sooyoung. "Nope. I'll do it to protect my girlfriend. Sungjae will also do it."

Sungjae awkwardly smiled at them. "Oh, and these are my party invitations. You can bring others if you want to. Come tomorrow. I'll see you there, baby." Chanyeol winked at Joohyun. Chanyeol and Sungjae turned their backs and walked away. "Crap! That made me cringe... 'I'll see you there, baby'" Sooyoung teased. Joohyun playfully hit her. "Do you have a death wish, Park Sooyoung?"

"No, thank you." Sooyoung smiled innocently. "Let's go to my car. I'll take you to yo-my house."

Joohyun nodded and followed Sooyoung into her car.
-----
"Do you really not know where your sister is, Dongmin?" Their father asked the oldest. "Sadly... no."

"Aish..." He cussed out. "Don't look for her. She's probably just at a friend's."
-----
THE NEXT DAY
6:30 PM
"Are you serious? You're going to a party without me?" Chaeyoung pouted at her sister. "You can come if you want." Sooyoung said as she spread the lipstick on her lips. "Wait for me, unnie!"

Sooyoung just smiled. Joohyun later came out of the dressing room. "Isn't this a bit too much?" Joohyun asked Sooyoung. "Are you kidding me? We're going to a rich ass kid's birthday party. How could it be too much?"

Then, Jinyoung went in other GOT7 members. "Are you sure about bringing everyone else with us to that party?" Asked Jinyoung. "Yeah, Sooyoung-ah... don't you think girls would want me to lift up my shirt so they could see my abs? Or what if they pull my-" Before BamBam could finish his sentence, Sooyoung quickly cut him off. "What the actual heck BamBam oppa...?" Sooyoung was weirded out. BamBam just smirked at Sooyoung.

"Sooyoung Unnie! I'm ready..." Chaeyoung informed her sisters she walked into Sooyoung's room. "Okay, everyone else except Jaebum oppa go to the limo and wait for us."

"You heard her." Jaebum alarmed the other members. They all did as Sooyoung said. "Call Chanyeol and tell him GOT7's performing... what song are you going to perform again, oppa?" She looked at Jaebum. "Hard Carry, Never Ever, and Look. The others said they wanted some choreography. They're all title tracks, and they're pretty big hits, so yeah..."

Sooyoung nodded. "Yeah... just tell him GOT7's performing 3 songs."

Joohyun went on her phone and called Chanyeol. "Joohyun, I'll be waiting in the car. Let's go Jaebum oppa." Sooyoung smiled.
-----
"I'm still scared of sasaengs pulling my shirt..." BamBam said out of nowhere, as they exited the limo. "Okay BamBam, can you just shut your mouth... just this once..." Mark scolded the younger member.

"Hyung... I'm also scared of sasaengs... but what if Jinyoung hyung pulls my pants during our dance duet in Look...?" Yugyeom teased Jinyoung. "Have a death wish, Kim Yugyeom?" Jinyoung clenched his teeth.

They slowly approached the gaurd, "G-GOT7...? Oh, um I mean... invitation, ma'am?" He stuttered. Sooyoung and Joohyun gave their invitations and they entered the mansion. Once they entered, they saw the casual setting. Well, it was casual for them.

"Joohyun-ah!" Chanyeol immediately ran to Joohyun and gave her a peck on the forehed. Joohyun just smiled at Chanyeol, "I hate being short..." She mumbled. "Anyway... here are our performers."

Chanyeol bowed to GOT7 as a greeting. "The party will start in 5 minutes, please take a seat." He smiled.

They waited and waited, and finally the party started. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen! We invited you this night to celebrate our son, Park Chanyeol's birthday..."

Joohyun was breathing heavily, nervous... Chanyeol noticed Joohyun's reaction. "Are you nervous?"

Joohyun's hands were locked together, Joohyun trembling from fear. Chanyeol held her hands, "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned. "I... I can't do it... I have anxiety..."

Chanyeol just cupped Joohyun's cheeks and made her look at him. "You're going to be fine. I'll be announcing an engangement... but just play with it. Trust me."

That made Joohyun less nervous. "Right... I-I'll just play with it."

"We would like to call on, Park Chanyeol for the announcement."

Chanyeol went up the stairs. "Good evening everyone. Thank you for coming to my party... and uh... how should I say this? Well, first let's say I've found the perfect woman for me... and I want to announce our engagement... everyone please welcome my fiancèe, Bae Joohyun." He said as he smiled brightly at Joohyun. Joohyun went up. They
looked at each other for a few seconds, before slowly crashing onto each others' lips.

Hyerim looked at them with the angriest eyes. Only anger was what she could feel... it was a fire burning but her heart breaking into pieces.