Chapter 10: Goodbye

"And, of course... we have special performers to perform for tonight. Everyone put your hands together for the idol group, GOT7! They are going to be performing some of their biggest hits including, Hard Carry, Never Ever, and Look." GOT7 went up on stage, and the music started to play.
-----
Joohyun sat down with Chanyeol in his table. "Good job, Joohyun." Chanyeol smiled. "But can I talk to you privately for a minute?"

"Fine. This better be important." Joohyun rolled her eyes. They walked to Chanyeol's bedroom. "What is it? Talk."

"Stay with me... just give me some time to move on because I'm getting attached. I want you to make me hate you by giving me bad memories so I can forget about you. Because I'm falling for you, and I want to erase those feelings by making me hate you. Let's go on a date tomorrow, do every bad thing you can think of. I want you to hurt me." Chanyeol insisted. Joohyun let out a sigh. "But, this crap is all fake Chanyeol... you can't fall inlove with me for rea-"

"You said we had to confess if we start having feelings for the other. So hurt me. Hit me, do everything you can to hurt me... I know this seems stupid, but I still want Hyerim. I don't want to let her go... not yet." Said Chanyeol. "You can't erase feelings just like that... if you're getting attached, we have to stop this now."

Joohyun turned her back, but Chanyeol hugged her from behind. "Please... I know I can't just erase feelings like that, but atleast I'll hate you. Remember... you need the money."

Joohyun froze in her position. The money just gets her everytime... she has no idea why. "B-But..."

"F-Fine, then...I'll do bad things to you starting tomorrow. I'll even do something that would make you hate me now. I'll leave this party..." Joohyun pushed Chanyeol away from her and went to Sooyoung's table.

"Let's go home early. Tell them to go into the limo right after their performance, I don't feel too good." Joohyun grabbed her things and walked out.

"What was that?" Chaeyoung asked her sister. "Not sure... but we should just do what she said."

When GOT7 finished performing, they walked back to their table. "Where's Joohyun?" Jackson asked as he devoured the water inside the water bottle. "She said she wasn't feeling too good so we should all go home early."

Jackson nodded. "If that's what she says." Jackson was about to walk away, but Chaeyoung grabbed his arm. "Why?" Jackson raised an eyebrow. "I wanna stay oppa..." She gave him puppy eyes.

"She won't stop until we let her stay so... Jackson you go on by yourself." Jinyoung chuckled. "Sure. I'll go by myself to go take care of YOUR sister." He emphasized the word 'YOUR' just for Jinyoung to hear out loud...
----------
On Joohyun's way out, she saw the two-faced brat. But, she just ignored her. Suddenly, she felt a close substance spill on her chest. She slowly realised that Hyerim spilled juice on her "Oops..."

Joohyun took a deep breath, and let it out. "Yes?" She smiled. "Sorry about that but... Congrats on your engagement..." Hyerim played with Joohyun's hair. "You brat!" She pulled Joohyun's hair and pushed her to the ground, making her gasp out of embarrassment and shock. And at that exact moment, Jackson walked in the scene and helped Joohyun get up in an instant. He removed his jacket. "Let's go home..."

Jackson gave Hyerim a death stare as he accompanied Joohyun out. They were about to walk out, when Chanyeol saw his "fake" girlfriend. "Joohyun-ah!" He ran to her. "I'll take you home." Chanyeol grabbed Joohyun's hand, but Jackson held Joohyun's hand tighter. "She's my fiancèe." Chanyeol reminded Jackson.

Jackson just looked at him straight in the eye. "Well, sir..." Jackson brushed Chanyeol's hand off. "Your fiancèe needs to rest for now."

Jackson put his hands on top of Joohyun's shoulder, and led her out into the car. Chanyeol sighed. "Why do I feel jealous that you went with him... I'm supposed to hate you, Joohyun."
-----
"What?! Everything was fake?!" Sooyoung almost jumped out of her bed in surprise. Joohyun covered her friend's mouth. "Do you want Chaeyoung to hear all this crap I'm telling you?"

Sooyoung shook her head, and smiled. "Gosh, can you even see?" Joohyun teased. "Hey!" Sooyoung playfully hit her head. "Anyway, and Chanyeol wants you to hurt him?" Sooyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Then, don't go on the date."

"But..."

"You have to play with his heart. So, don't go on that date."

There was a moment of silence. "That's actually a good idea." Joohyun leaned over to the side-table beside Sooyoung's bed and took her phone.

She rang up her fake boyfriend. The call was immediately answered. Joohyun put it on speaker knowing Chanyeol would scream at her.

"What was that walk-out all ab--"

"I can't go to the date tomorrow. Sorry."

Before Chanyeol could even reply, Sooyoung already hung up on him.

"Goodbye, Park Chanyeol. I'll hurt you more if you cling onto me. So, goodbye." Joohyun mumbled.

Joohyun's journal entry:

Well, today was my last goodbye. I was waiting for this day, but now that I finally encountered it, something feels wrong. It's as if I still want to feel his warm embrace. It was all fake... but why do I suddenly want it to be real.

No... stop yourself, Joohyun. He's just a fake boyfriend. I've never and will never fall for him. Ever. Never in a million years. He's a playboy... he belongs with her. So I'll let go. But if he clings onto me, I'll do something even worse.

-Bae Joohyun