Chapter 5: Dinner Party

"A dinner party?!" The eldest child asked their parents. "Yook Jaemin! Lower your voice, young man." Their father scolded.

"Sorry, father." Jaemin apologized. "And who exactly are we gonna have a dinner with, dad?" The middle child asked their father. "The Park family. Their father is the chairman of Sungjae's school. They also have 3 children." He added. "And those 3 are?" The middle child asked again.

"Umm... the oldest is Park Jinyoung, he's the member of the idol group GOT7, the middle child is Park Sooyoung and the youngest child is Park Chaeyoung. They're all top students in their class, Chaeyoung ranks number 1 while Sooyoung, I'm not entirely sure but I think she ranked number 2. And, as for Jinyoung, he's one of the favorites of their company's president."

"TWICE's Chaeyoung?!" Sungjae asked as he ran into the living room.

"No, you dummy. We're talking about Park Chaeyoung." "Sungjae-ah where have you been, and what happened to your face?" Their mother asked. "Our dog scratched it... YESTERDAY!" Sungjae replied.

"Anyway, come home tomorrow early. Our chauffeur will come pick you up there at 1PM. Your father and I have already excused you since we're going to have a family dinner with the Park family." Their mother informed Sungjae. Sungjae just nodded and went back straight to his room.
----------
Nothing much happened to Joohyun and Chanyeol's date. Just kidding, that one moment made Joogyun's heart beat REALLY freaking fast.

FLASHBACK

"Wow! The fireworks are so beautiful..." Joohyun said as she looked at the fireworks with a big smile. "Like you." Chanyeol added. Joohyun's smile disappeared, she looked at Chanyeol. "M-Me?" She stuttered.

Chanyeol smiled at Joohyun. Their eyes locked, and none of them looked away. Joohyun was still frozen, but Chanyeol went closer to her face, their noses almost touching. He went down a bit, and Joohyun closed her eyes because of the short distance between them. But, except for going closer to Joohyun's lips, Chanyeol pulled his head upwards towards Joohyun's forehead, and gave it a kiss.

Joohyun blushed again. She didn't make a move, so Chanyeol decided it would be the perfect time to make another move. "You're mine. Only mine." Chanyeol said as he pulled Joohyun into his arms and gave her another forehead kiss.

END OF FLASHBACK

Joohyun sat down on her desk as she took out the journal her mom gave her. She started off with what happened today. She wrote it down in a poetric way.

Suddenly,she felt someone tap her back. She was startled, and looked at the person. "What the heck Dongmin? You startled me."

"Mianhae." Dongmin just laughed it off. "You have good looks, but I personally hate your attitude." Joohyun pouted. Dongmin rolled his eyes. "What are you writing, Joohyun-ah?" He asked.

"Oh, it's uh... nothing." Joohyun said as she closed her journal. "Pfft. Just tell me if you don't wanna show it. I. Don't. Care." Dongmin walked out of Joohyun's bedroom. "Wait, Dongmin oppa!" Joohyun hugged Dongmin's leg. "What the fuck, Bae Joohyun?" Dongmin mumbled.

"Don't leave me here, oppa! I have an important question to ask!!!" Joohyun said in a overly dramatic way. "What the hell is it?" Dongmin asked annoyed. "Where's Minjoo unnie? Huh? Where is she? I wanna talk to unnie!" She replied.

"She's in her bedroom." Dongmin replied. "Oh... ok." Joohyun slowly let go of Dongmin's leg. "Go to bed." He told Joohyun. Joohyun nodded and sat back on her desk, while Dongmin left the room.
----------
The Night of The Dinner Party

"Chaeyoung!!! Did you steal my dress?!" Sooyoung screamed across the room at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung opened her door. "For your information, it was on your bed. So I didn't really steal it since it was exposed and it seemed like I could take it."

Sooyoung sighed. "I won't argue with you today, so fine you can borrow my dress. I have a better one anyway."

Chaeyoung just smiled at Sooyoung and walked back to her bedroom. Sooyoung wore another dress, and put on a small amount of makeup. She stared at her own reflection in the mirror, until one of their maids knocked on her door.

"Come in." She did as she said. "The guests have arrived, Mr. Park wants you downstairs, young mistress." She bowed. Sooyoung just put on some perfume and headed downstairs.
----------
"We are very happy to have you here." Sooyoung's step-mother told their visitors.

Sooyoung was climbing down the stairs with Jinyoung. Once she walked down, the whole room went silent.
Sungjae just smiled at the sight of Sooyoung. "Annyeonghaseyo..." Jinyoung and Sooyoung bowed. Sooyoung noticed Sungjae, but she completely avoided him.
----------
The two families were having their meal. Sungjae kept on trying to gain attention from Sooyoung but they haven't spoke to each other. I thought you were my friend, Park Sooyoung. Sungjae thought to himself.

"Excuse me, father. May I go outside for some fresh air?" Sooyoung asked her father. He just nodded. Sooyoung stood up from her seat and went to their garden. Jinyoung followed her. Sungjae was hesitating but he still decided to check on Sooyoung.

While Sungjae was walking, he accidentallu bumped into Jinyoung. "I'm sorry." Sungjae apologized as he bowed, and continued to look for Sooyoung.

But, suddenly Jinyoung held his arm. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked. "To your sister."

"And why is that?" Jinyoung asked again. "Because..." He stopped for while. "Yah, Park Jinyoung. When will you stop? Can't you just accept the fact that Taehee is gone? She's gone Jinyoung. She died in highschool because of you! It's your fault so you should stop getting mad at me. To be honest, I told you not to come to the music room that day, but guess what... you still did! I was going to tell Taehee how I felt, and you wanted to ruin me so you decided to go in the music room. But you never thought about how Taehee would feel! If only you weren't a playboy Jinyoung... if only. If only you weren't selfish! If you would've just accepted Taehee then she still would've been alive!" Sungjae yelled out.

Jinyoung chuckled. "What? Sure, it might have been ny fault, but I did it for her own good! My father threatened me that if I continue seeing Taehee, he'll do something bad to her... so I stopped myself. I still love Taehee. She's the only girl for me. Oh, and by the way... you should stay away from my sister."

"Wh-wha-Who's Taehee?" Sooyoung asked the 2 boys.

"Soo-Sooyoung--"

"You liar!" Was the only thing that came out of Sooyoung's mouth.