Chapter 19: I Was Scared

"I have no idea how I should confess." Sungjae whined as he put his hands on his face. "Are you serious right now..." Chanyeol gave him a blank face. "Where are the others? This is urgent."

"We're here!" A guy replied from behind him. "Took you long enough." Chanyeol said as he winked at the girl walking close to her. "Don't even try." The girl rolled her eyes and sat down beside Chanyeol.

"Are you sure this is an urgent problem?"

"Of course it is, Jimin. Why else would I call all 4 of you?" Sungjae pouted. "So why exactly can Sooyoung not come?" Joohyun asked. "The kid doesn't know how to confess to her. He's never dated anyone even though every single girl in our school tries seducing him." Chanyeol teased him. All of them except Sungjae chuckled at Chanyeol's reply. "Just ask her out, it's that simple. What could go wrong?" Jimin suggested.

"Everything." Joohyun said. "What do you mean by that?" Jimin asked her. "Sooyoung's only dated once and after that, she never trusted anyone. So, your plan could go down."

"I have an idea..." Yerin spoke up. "Just gather your confidence you chicken!" Jimin covered her mouth. "Geez, calm down we're at a public restaurant."

"But I feel like everyone would agree with that. How hard would it be to confess? It doesn't seem like you." Jimin chuckled. "She's hard to get. If you know her well, she's the type that won't trust people easily." Sungjae sighed. "You should just sing for her. You know, I don't get how this is a problem for college students like us."

Joohyun's phone then started to ring, "Hold on, I'll just take this." She dashed off to the bathroom, and answered the call.

"What do you need, Minjoo unnie?"

"Are you sure you won't take the opportunity? It's a rare opportunity. You know how mom's always wanted you to become an author. They really really liked your work, and they're curious about how much you've improved considering the fact that you wrote that novel during your highschool years... are you sure you won't a--"

Joohyun chuckled at her sister's words.

"Didn't you know? I'm going."

"Really? Did you tell your friends yet?"

"Well, I want to go, but there's someone that might not agree with my decision."

"Who is it?"

"Well... it's my boyfriend..."

"I'm sure he'll agree. He would be selfish if he wouldn't let his girlfriend go. You should sort things out with him. Just keep one thing in mind. This is your dream, and mom's dream for you. Writing a whole new novel for a Hollywood movie is truly impossible."

"Yeah I know. I'll call you to update you."

"Alright, bye maknae."

Joohyun took a deep breath before walking out of the batroom. "Chanyeol, let's talk." Chanyeol slowly stood up from his seat, and followed Joohyun into his car. "Let's go for a drive while we sort somethinf out." Joohyun smiled. "Why? Is anything wrong?" He asked her. "Everything's fine. I have something really important to tell you."

They went into his car, Chanyeol didn't want to rush her so he just waited for her to speak up and decided to drive already. After a few minutes of silence, "Stop right here." He did exactly as she said. "Here." Joohyun handed her his phone. He read the text message that was sent to her. "So, you're leaving?" He chuckled sarcastically. "Hey, I need your opinion... are you going to allow me?"

"Do I have the right to determine whether you should go or not?"

"It's better than me regretting if I go without you knowing at all."

"If you ask for my opinion..." He looked her in the eye and cupped her cheeks. "I don't want you to go because I don't want you to leave..."

- - - - -

Sungjae was waiting for Sooyoung outside their house. Once she approached him, he grabbed his hand, "Let's go." He smiled. "Wh-what? Where?"

"A date." He opened the car door for her, but she stayed in her position. "Did I ever agree to this?" She rolled her eyes. "Your father and Jinyoung did."

"Th-They agreed for you to date me?" Her eyes widened in shock. "I never said yes." She defended. "But I want you to go on a date with me."

"I don't want to."

"I want to."

"So what? Not because you want to do it, I'll do it." She glared at him. Just as she was about to walk away, Sungjae shut the car's door as loudly as he can to make her stop. "But what about my feelings, Sooyoung? I have feelings too..."

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Sooyoung asked him, still not looking back. "I like you." He confessed. But that didn't make her look at him. "You're dumb if you don't know it by now. It's probably pretty obvious." He put his hand behind his neck. "Or maybe I'm the dumb one for being a coward and not telling you earlier." He chuckled. Sooyoung finally looked at him. "I-I was scared to confess my feelings as well because I thought you didn't like me." She admitted. That simple sentence made Sungjae feel relieved for some reason, so a smile plastered on his face. "Did you just confess?"

"I-Uh... no-maybe..." Sooyoung stuttered. "D-Don't follow me. E-Even when we're at the campus." She tried to hide her face as she turned back. She failed walking away again when Sungjae grabbed her hand, he pulled her close to him and put his arms around her waist. "Stop lying. You like me." He pulled her even closer, their noses were touching. Sooyoung was just frozen in her spot which made Sungjae smile. He suddenly grabbed her chin and crashed his lips onto hers.

- - - - -

I'm really mad at myself for not updating, and all I can say is sorry. But I promise I will finish this story until Book 2. I've been watching dramas and movies recently for inspiration, so I wasn't able to update. I won't lie to you guys and admit that I've been procastinating on Produce 48. I keep on saying sorry but from now on, I'll follow my schedule of updating every other day. But since I didn't update for days, I might upload another chapter tomorrow considering that the story's almost ending.

Anyway, the book's about to end. I'm already starting a new story on my other account it's called "I Promise" and I decided to focus on that one before publishing Book 2 of "Our Page" . Please support it! If you have any ideas for Book 2 feel free to dm me or my friend on instagram our usernames are @mhc_ivyyy and @br_jeonyoonrin or post a message on our Conversations. You can also message us directly.