Chapter 11: Start A New Life

And that's how their fake relationship ended. They fooled everyone around them. Chanyeol didn't know he would fall for Joohyun. But Joohyun isn't sure if she's falling for Chanyeol.

----------

Chanyeol stared at his own reflection at the mirror. His hair was still wet since he just showered. "Joohyun, that girl..." He mumbled.

He dried his hair and put on some clothes. Later, he heard his phone ring. He searched for the sound, once he found it, he grabbed his phone it read, "혜림" ("Hyerim"). Without any hesitaion he answered the phone.

Chanyeol heard sobbing from the other line.

"Hyerim tried killing herself! Come to the hospital right now, Park Chanyeol!"

"Sorry, but who is this?"

"It's Hyerim's mother, Mrs. Seo. She left a note and I want you to read it. It's because of you, hurry up!"

Hyerim's mother demanded. With that, Chanyeol slowly droppped his hand, and hung up. He ran into his car.

"Why are you doing this, Hyerim? You should've let me explain." Chanyeol talked to himself as he drove to the hospital. His eyes filled with mixed emotions... guilt, sadness, and for some reason he felt angry. He didn't know how he felt.

Chanyeol ran to the information desk and asked for Hyerim's room number. He headed to the said room, but before opening the door, he knocked. Slightly panicking. Without a reply from the other side of the door, he ran into the hospital room.

"Aunt Seo..." He bowed his head, ashamed of what he did. "Read this..." Hyerim's mother handed Chanyeol a piece of paper.

Hyerim was still sound asleep on her bed. Chanyeol took the paper, and started to read it.

"If you're reading this, I've probably already done something to myself. I'm sorry for making you worry but... I have so many regrets. I didn't mean to leave Chanyeol, I was in a bad mood that day, but he already got engaged. I was going to explain, but that girl Joohyun just got on my nerves. I wanted Chanyeol to talk to me again, not Joohyun. I hate her. I asked my close friend, Catalina on what I should do. She told me to hurt mysdlf so Chanyeol would take care of me. I did as she said. I'm sure Chanyeol's regretting what he did. I just want him back... that's all I want. We've been friends since we were in highschool, and we became lovers. We were inseperable... but ever since Joohyun came, she ruined everything. Chanyeol's eyes wete glued on her. But, I don't blame him... Joohyun sure does have good looks and a perfect body. She's even smart. But, me? I didn't even let my boyfriend to explain before breaking up with him. I still love Chanyeol."

Chanyeol felt the guilt build up even more. The letter made his heart shatter into pieces. "Aunt Seo, can you go out for a minute?"

"No need. I have somewhere to go to... you're gonna have to take care of Hyerim for me. Please... take care of her." She walked out of the hospital room.

Chanyeol stared at Hyerim. "Why did you do this? You should've talked to me. I had an explaination Hyerim-ah... wake up.... please wake up."

Chanyeol slid his hand into Hyerim's. He planted a kiss on it. Suddenly, Hyerim opened her mouth. "Explain all you can... I'll listen..." She said softly.

"Are you awake?" Chanyeol questioned her. Hyerim didn't say anything, instead... she just nodded. "I used Joohyun... we're not actually engaged. I wanted you back so badly so I payed her to be my girlfriend until you want me back. I feel guilty... I didn't know you would do this. It's fine if you don't forgive me. I just want to say sorry..." His voice was filled with sincerity.

For a minute, silence wrapped the room. "You dumbass. You should've explained earlier. I completely forgive you... I don't want to lose you again like this. I love you. I can't let go of you."

Chanyeol didn't speak another word, instead he hugged Hyerim. "I missed this..." he thought to himself.

----------

It's finally Monday. Another day of classes for them. Sooyoung and Joohyun were walking to their class. "Sooyoung-ah!" A familliar voice called out to Sooyoung. She looked back to see Yerin running towards them. "Yeah?"

"I almost forgot to tell you... you got into the vocal club. We went out the whole weekend so i forgot to tell you. Come to the auditorium at 2PM, we have something important to talk about." Yerin just smiled, and walked away once again, while Sooyoung just froze in her position.

"Hey." Joohyun tapped her best friend's shoulder. "Y-yeah?" Sooyoung replied as a smile covered her face.

"Congratulations!" Joohyun smiled at Sooyoung. "I'm a proud mom." Joohyun said sarcastically as she linked arms with Sooyoung and they both walked to their class.

----------

Joohyun peacefully sat down on the bench beside Sooyoung. Suddenly, Sungjae went up to them. "Sooyoung, can you come with me? You need to help me... I need you."

That made Sooyoung look up at Sungjae. She felt her cheeks burn at his words, but she didn't know why. "Wh-what?" She stuttered.

Sungjae tilted his head towards the school parking lot. "Let's go." He turned his back and started walking towards the said place. Sooyoung waved at Joohyun and followed Sungjae.

----------

"Joohyun..." Chanyeol pulled Joohyun's hand to make her face him. "Is it finally over?" She immediately asked the boy. Chanyeol just nodded. "Thanks for helping me... anyway, here's the money."

When Chanyeol nodded, Joohyun felt her heart get weaker and weaker for some reason.

This is what you want Bae Joohyun... why do you suddenly feel pain?

Chanyeol handed her the cash. "Friends?" He assured her first. "Friends." Joohyun forced a smile.

I guess it's time to start a new life...

Joohyun's Journal Entry

And, it's over... I finally have the money. To be honest,
it only felt like a few hours that we were together.

I'm supposed to like the fact that it's over. But, why does it hurt? Why do I feel like my heart is bleeding because it was stabbed... stabbed by the cruelty of love.

It hurts. But why didn't I hold him back to tell them the truth? Why didn't I hold him back to ask him why I'm feeling this?

I guess the lesson for today is that if we like someone, then we'll let them be happy. We'll let them stay with the person they truly love. But, do I even like him?

Anyway, that's not the problem now... the thing now is; I have to start a new life; a new chapter maybe? But, hey maybe I'm being sensitive. It was all fake. Keep that in mind.

-Bae Joohyun