Chapter 20: Her Confession

"Wh-What? Why?" Joohyun's eyes widened, as Chanyeol just chuckled at her reaction. "I-I was just kidding... I'll think about it... I'm not really sure if I'll allow you or not, but I don't really think I should decide whether you should go or not. This is your opportunity, not mine." He said. "I just want to hear your opinion. I don't want to leave without you knowing. I'll give you time to think. Tell me your answer by tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

"I have to give them my answer by tomorrow."

"When do you have to leave anyway?" Chanyeol pouted. "I'm leaving by..." She took a deep breath. "Next week." "Wait... next week?!" His voice suddenly raised. "Well... if you're going to agree with me going. Think about it well."

"Is it your dream?" He asked as their eyes met. Joohyun nodded. "Actually, it's my mom's dream as well... She gave me a journal to write in and told me to write a story for her before she passes away. She's already gone... but, I want to achieve this for her. She also wants me to be an actress." A smile crept up from her lips, but a tear also fell down. "Should I try to act as well?" She asked Chanyeol. "Depends on you." He wiped her tear. Silence wrapped around the car, but Chanyeol broke it. "Let's go to your mom."

"Right now?"

"Yeah, and I've already made up my mind... you should go."

That made Joohyun smile, "Is it okay for you?" Chanyeol tilted his head, "I'm not really sure though."

"Aish... think about it. You don't want to regret your decision. I'll give you until tomorrow. Let's go to my mom for now."

<>

Sooyoung felt her face get hot as Sungjae let go. "H-Hey... th-that was cheesy." She looked at the floor. "It was cheesy but it made your heart flutter, right?" Sungjae smirked, "So, are we going on that date or not?" He asked. Sooyoung was still frozen, not knowing what to do, "Let's go then." He smiled as he took her hand and brought her into the car. "I... I have to go somewhere..." Sooyoung got to her senses and was about to open the car door but Sungjae stopped her. "Please. Just this one time. Give me a chance." Sooyoung stopped, "F-Fine... but don't even get me drunk and do something to me." She warned him. Sungjae smiled at himself. He started to drive, "You do know I like you, right?" He asked her. "I... maybe... I don't know... but why did you k-kiss me?" She was still stuttering because of what happened earlier. "Just because." "That isn't a good reason." She pouted.

Sooyoung's POV

"You do know I like you, right?" Sungjae suddenly asked me. "I... maybe... I don't know... but why did you ki-kiss me?" Aish, why did I have to stutter? "Just because." He smirked. This guy is so annoying... but he looks good even if he's annoying... anyway, I think I like him? Kyaa~ come to your senses, Sooyoung! "That isn't a good reason."

"Can't you just believe that I like you?"

"Fine let's say that I believe you, then-- wait where the hell are you taking me?!" I realized he was heading to a grandma's house. "Somewhere. But I might make your heart beat faster than how a cheetah runs."

"That's just a weird reference. Where are we going? We still have school." I asked him. "We're going to a place you'll love. I excused us. Remember, your father agreed."

"I--"

"Just please zip up your mouth. We might crash if you keep on talking. Just sing instead." He suddenly cut me off. He wants me to sing? As if. "You sing instead." I pouted. Suddenly, he started to sing the song we sang on our duet.

"I found a love... for me. Darling just dive right in, and follow my lead--"

"Okay, let's just listen to my brother's song." I quickly got my phone, connected it to the car's speakers and played the song 'My Youth'. I heard him chuckle. "Is it uncomfortable to have me sing a love song for you?" His face was blank. Well, the fact that my heart may jump out is dangerous... but it's not that... "Well, kind of."

"Then I won't sing it. I don't want to make you uncomfortable so that you're gonna want to leave me." I looked at him. "That was cheesy."

"You can't control the fact I like you."

I know that, Sungjae. I also can't control the fact I'm also falling for you. Why can't I just say it. Why can't my mouth just open and say that I like him? Why is it so hard to confess?... now I wanna say it. What's happening. No, Sooyoung, be careful with your words you can cause harm to yourself. How? Gosh, I have no idea... don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it! "I also can't control the fact that you're making me fall for you." Gosh dang it! Why did I have to say it. Sungjae suddenly stopped driving. "Say that again." He looked at me. I stayed silent for a while but I realized... what's the ppint of keeping this to myself? He'll find out anyway. "I like you, Yook Sungjae." I smiled at him. Without hesitating, he suddenly cupped my cheeks and started to kiss me. It wasn't just any kiss. It was a passionate kiss. I kissed him back, I couldn't control myself.

- - - - -

I'm not really sure what to put here but... did you guys enjoy it? It's almost ending I can't believe I've already gone this far. Anyway, I'll leave you guys with that. Sorry if these aren't really fluttering. I'm trying my best.