Chapter 16: I Don't Like You, I Love You

"What?" Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows, and Sungjae didn't know what to say so he just stayed silent. "You guys should go home." Joohyun said. "I called Minjoo unnie and she told me that she'll be here. Take care of yourself Joohyun." Before she walked out she whispered something else to Chanyeol, "Don't hurt her or I'll kill you and your family's businesses." She threatened him and walked out.

The door was close shut, but she didn't walk too far away, "Chanyeol won't do anything to Joohyun, just chill..."

"Overprotective best friends..." He mumbled to himself as he walked towards the elevator, but she heard him. "What?" She looked him in the eye. "Nothing." he smiled innocently.

- - - - -

"What are you saying?" Chanyeol questioned Joohyun right after the two walked out. "I don't know... you should ask yourself, what am I saying? Was it a confession or a lie?" She asked her back. Chanyeol sighed at her reply. "Joohyun--"

"I think you should stick with Hyerim. It was always her from the start, Chanyeol. It was never me. Everything we had was fake it was all for a show, we shouldn't have fell for each other. It was all a bad idea that I did for money I didn't even get to use. I'm dumb for falling for my fake boyfriend. Yeah, I admit it, I fell for you... I told myself I would get you back but-- gosh why am I telling you all this." A tear fell from her eye.

"Stop what you're saying. I gave up on Hyerim already... I just didn't feel it anymore. You're the one that was always on my mind and I couldn't help but to let her go. I can't just stay with someone I don't like. After weeks of thinking, I finally got my answer. It's the same as yours. I like Hyerim but..." He walked closer to the girl who was sitting in her hospital bed and sat down. "But I love you."

"Huh?"

"I love you." He smiled. "You can stop lying Chanyeol. It's hard to--"

"I love you. How many times do I have to say it to make you believe it?"

That left Joohyun speechless. Chanyeol cupped her cheeks and before she knew it...

His lips were on hers.

- - - - -

"Dad's gonna kill me... should we not go back to the orphanage?"

"Are you crazy? We have to help out."

Soon, Sooyoung's phone rang. She looked at the screen and her sister was calling her, she answered it.

"What do you--"

"Dad is looking for you saying you should perform tomorrow with me. What the hell do I say?"

"Just tell him the truth. I don't care if I get scolded for visiting my BEST friend. It's really common for me."

"Aish... if you say so."

She put the phone call down. After a few minutes of driving, they arrived at the orphanage. Sooyoung's dad didn't bother her for the rest of the night. Just as she was about to go to bed, she received a text from their house.

"Your grandmother has fallen ill. We will take care of her so please continue all your current activities for the orphanage."