Chapter 12: News

The vocal club members were called to the auditorium for a presentation. Sooyoung had to leave Joohyun in her house since she still didn't want to see her father. She headed to the auditorium. "I'm here!" She informed the club president.

"Welcome!" Yerin smiled. "Take a seat." Jimin offered Sooyoung a seat. She did as he said, and sat down. Sooyoung's eyes turned to Catalina who was sitting beside Sungjae for some reason.

"Okay, since you're all here I'll make the announcement." She cleared her throat before continuing her sentence. "As you all know, we're going to present for the 20th anniversary of our university. I asked the club's adviser, and she suggested these 2 people to have a duet for the opening program. If I call your name, please stand up here in front."

Yerin took a folded piece of paper out of her pocket, and later opened it. "Park Sooyoung and Yook Sungjae."

Sooyoung looked at their club's president. "M-me?" She stuttered out of shock. As a reply, Yerin nodded.

"The rest will sing in a group. But, don't worry, you'll still have individual lines. Anyway..." She put the paper on a table by the stage. "Sungjae and Sooyoung, your song will be an English song. It's called 'Perfect' by the singer Ed Sheeran. The rest will sing 'I'm a Flying Butterfly' and Jimin will handle you, while I'll handle Sungjae and Sooyoung."

----------

Sungjae and Sooyoung walked to Yerin. Yerin looked back at them. "Read the lyrics, and we'll listen to the original audio later. Anyway, you two can practice until tomorrow. I'll leave it up to you just make sure your blending and everything else is good."

Yerin left the two alone. "Let's practice this at-" Sooyoung was cut off by her phone ringing. "Hold on."

She took her phone out of her pocket.

"Hello?"

"When are you coming home? I need to pay hospital bills, and you need to cover me up!"
Joohyun's patience was short, so she could hardly wait for her friend.

"Your patience is so short... just like your height."

"Shut up Sooyoung. Can you come home now?"

"Just ask Chaeyoung. She's always available."

"Aish... I'll try. If I don't call you again, she agreed. If I call you again, you're coming with me whether you like it or not."

"Yeah, yeah."

After that, Joohyun hung up. "You have to go somehwere, right?" Sungjae asked her. "It's fine. My sister can go with her..."

"Are you sure?" He asked her one more time. "Of course. Let's start now."

----------

Chaeyoung agreed to go with Joohyun since she wasn't that busy. They were about to go to the hospital, until Joohyun saw her older brother waiting outside. "Oppa..."

"Where the hell have you been, Joohyun?! I thought you would've done something to yourself." He rushed up to his sister. "Where are you going? I have something really important to tell you..."

----------

Sungjae and Sooyoung decided to get some food just so they could get to know more about each other. They are doing a duet after all.