Chapter 18: Unsuccessful

Hyerim decided to tell Jimin and Yerin about what her older sister was planning to do, so she called them over to her house. Her parents were out on a business trip for a few months, so it was only her and Yuna in their house. They were just sitting in her bedroom. "So what did you want to tell us about?" Jimin asked Hyerim. "Well, my sister and Catalina are trying to break Sooyoung and Joohyun's friendship, so we need to--"

She was cut off when Yerin yelled. "Who's going to break their friendship now?! They've been best friends ever since kindergarten, they can't get separated now!" Her eyes were burning with anger. "Hey, why are you acting like your friendship with someone is going to break?" Jimin raised an eyebrow. Yerin just glared at her and gave her a death stare. "Okay, both of you stop. What we have to do now is to prevent their plan from happening... they said they're going to use voice pinching."

"Then, we should just tell Joohyun that if she receives a weird call, then she shouldn't believe it but act like she does. Let's also tell her that she should tell us if she does receive one. It's that easy you girls should use your brains." Jimin suggested. "Dang... you're useful." Hyerim smirked.

Jimin gave her a smile. "By the way, aren't you mad at Joohyun because he's with Chanyeol now?" Yerin asked her. "I'm not mad at all. Chanyeol and I were destined to break up anyway, so what's the point of trying anyway? And I like someone else." She sighed. Jimin clutched onto his chest, "Ow, that was painful! But, wait. Who do you like? You like me don't you?"

Hyerim started to feel her heart beat faster. "N-no. I-I don't like you." She stuttered out of nervousness. The truth is, Jimin is the one Hyerim likes. "Oh really, then why are you blushing?" Yerin smirked "Wow! It's so it in here, I'll open the windows!" She quickly got up and opened her windows. "You definitely like me..." Jimin mumbled.

- - - - -

The Next Day

"Sunbae, are you sure she can voice pinch?" Catalina asked Yuna. Yuna glared at her, "Of course she can. I know what I'm doing so just shut your mouth and watch." Yuna said as she gave the girl a recording of Sooyoung's voice. After a few listens, Catalina gave her a phone and the script. "Who are you going to call?" The girl asked them.

"Oh, just someone that decided to ruin our lives."

"Then I'll make it dramatic."

They started to ring Joohyun's house number.

"Hello? Is Joohyun home? This is her best friend, Sooyoung. Can I please speak to her?"

"Yes, she's home, I'll put her on the line."

"Joohyun-ah... I have something to tell you..."

"Huh?"

"I only used you..."

The girl started to pretend like she was crying. Joohyun just chuckled at her words.

"Oh, stop with the pranks Sooyoung. Why would you ever do that to me?"

"Go to the school's rooftop. Catalina has something to say to you... I promise she won't do anything. I'm at a family reunion, so I couldn't go there."

"Okay, if you say so... by the way, why are you calling from a house phone, though?"

"O-oh that's... my phone ran out of battery so I used my cousin's phone instead."

"But, wait... don't you hate Catalina?"

"W-We're good now... she's going to spill the truth, so you should hurry up."

"The truth about what?"

"Just go there already."

The call then stopped. "I'll be at the rooftop." Catalina said as she took her phone and headed for the rooftop. She stared out the view, waiting for the victim. After a few minutes, the door opened. "Joohyun, is that you?" Catalina turned back, but to her expectation it wasn't Joohyun. Well, it wasn't just Joohyun. She came with Sooyoung. "What's the deal, Catalina?" Sooyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Sooyoung? What are you doing here?" Her eyes widened in shock. "With the help of our friends." Sooyoung replied. "If you're going planning to do something, at least make sure no one else hears it." Hyerim suddenly walked in. "What's this?"

"What we're trying to say is, our friendship is too powerful for you to break. So you should just stop trying because it would never work. That was a dumb plan anyways. Why would I like Chanyeol? That guy is a mess."

Joohyun rolled her eyes at what Sooyoung said. "I guess this was unsuccessful... well, good luck next time I guess. We'll get going now?" Joohyun gave her a smile before they all walked back down the stairs.

Joohyun's Journal Entry

Even if you think things would go smoothly, something else could possibly happen. I thought everything would go smoothly, and luckily it did. Well, everything could've been ruined in a blink but luckily it was saved. Things are going smoothly so far, and I hope it would go on like this. Because I'll be doing something just to achieve my dreams. I really hope he isn't selfish and he would let me go. It would only be for a matter of time anyway. It's my dream, and I don't want to let it go.

I had to re-publish since wattpad keeps on making my chapters a draft... I have no idea why this is happening but I'll make sure to give you guys an update.