Chapter 1: A Bad Start

"Just. Get. Your. Butt out of bed, Bae Joohyun!" The girl from the other side of the door urged her friend to get out of bed for school.

Sooyoung saw the door open and she smiled at the sight of her best friend finally waking up. "Good girl. Now, hurry up and get changed for school! My chauffeur's waiting outside." She once again urged her.

"Okay, mom I'll get ready for college." Joohyun said sarcastically as she playfully rolled her eyes at Sooyoung. Sooyoung didn't say a word, instead she just chuckled at her friend's words as Joohyun walked to her bathroom and did her morning routine.

Sooyoung walked in her room and smiled at the sight she missed, her best friend's bed room.

Sooyoung was just sitting on her couch waiting for Joohyun to finish up. She's the youngest child, yet she has the biggest room out of the Bae siblings. Sooyoung thought to herself.

In a few minutes, Joohyun finished getting ready. "Are you happy, now miss?" She asked sarcastically. "Shut up, and let's just go to my car." Sooyoung said as she stood up from the couch and headed straight to her car.

They both went in, and went to the university. "We're here, miss." The chauffeur informed the two girls. The chauffeur opened the car door for them and everyone's eyes were glued on them. They were wearing stunning outfits. They slightly felt uncomfortable as they have never gained that much attention before. Sooyoung noticed Joohyun was fidgeting her hands as they walked to the university.

"Just ignore them. They think you're pretty so they're looking at you. Don't worry." Sooyoung said as they continued to walk to the principal's office. They weren't sure where it was so they asked someone. The first person that they saw were two boys standing beside their lockers.

"Excuse me." Sooyoung smiled at the two boys. "Do you know where the principal's office is?" She asked. "Oh... are you a transferee?" One of the boys asked. He was tall. Sooyoung just smiled at them and nodded, as Joohyun still felt slightly shy. "Yeah, so could you help us out?" She once again asked them. "We don't normally help people, but since you're new..." The other guy went closer to her ear. "It's in the other building..."

Sooyoung let out an annoyed sigh. "Oh... thanks, then. See you around I guess..." They walked away and went to the principal. They introduced themselves, and they went to their classroom. They sat at two vacant seats at the back.

They were in the middle of class, when the professor suddenly announced something. "Oh, right I almost forgot to mention this, we're having our mid-term exams in two weeks so I suggest you start to study already if you want the best grades. That's all, you can get back to what you were doing."

"Wow... we literally just transferred and we have to take an exam already. What a bummer." Joohyun let out a sigh. Sooyoung just nodded her head as she crossed her arms on top of her chest and laid her head back.
The bell rang for lunch. Joohyun and Sooyoung headed to the cafeteria to have their lunch.

Joohyun was holding the tray as she walked with Sooyoung to their table, until she accidentally bumped into someone, which made her food spill.

Joohyun froze for a while but she immediately apologized. The guy looked at her angrily, while the other person behind him was frozen. "Aish..." He complained as he brushed the food off his shirt. "Oh... I-I'm s-sorry,.." Joohyun wiped the food off with a tissue paper, but it just made the stain worse.

"You should look where you're going!" He yelled at Joohyun. "Oppa! Are you okay?" A girl came up to the boy as she held onto his arm. "Let go of me, we just broke up last night!"

Joohyun was just frozen in her position. "Pay for this." The guy demanded. "Chanyeol-ah... that's really expensive." The other guy behind him tried to control him, but he didn't listen. "I'm really sorry. I might not be able to afford it but, I can clean it for you." Joohyun stuttered.

"No. I want you to pay for it. It costs six million won." He said. "Wh-what? S-six million won... I, I don't think I can afford that..."
"But, you ruined it. You have one month to collect all that money, You're going to face painful punishments if you don't pay for this!" The guy said as he went closer to her face. "And what I mean by punishments... You won't like them. Not. One. Bit."

He was going to walk away but Sooyoung spoke up. "Hey, douchebag!" She yelled at the guy making him look back.

"What did you just call me?" He asked as he walked closer. "I called you a douchebag. Have a problem?" Sooyoung asked bravely. The guy went closer and closer to his face, their noses almost touching. "Chanyeol-ah that's a girl!"

He was about to speak up, but he backed off. "W-Wait who are you?" He asked. Sooyoung laughed at him as she crossed her arms on top of her chest.

"I'm Park Sooyoung." The guy was surprised with her response. "So you're the spoiled daughter of the chair-"

"Chanyeol-ah! Shut up already you're making such a big scene!" His friend yelled at him. With that, Chanyeol backed off and went to the bathroom.

Once he was all cleaned up, he saw Joohyun waiting for him outside the bathroom door. He couldn't help but laugh at her.

"What is it?" He asked. "I'll do anything for you just don't make me pay for your clothes, please!" She begged.

"Go on your knees." Her eyes slightly widened at his words. "M-mian?" Joohyun stuttered. "I said go on your knees and beg for that. Now." He demanded.

Well, I'll have to do this for my mom. Joohyun thought to herself. She went down on her knees. Everyone that was there looked at them. Chanyeol laughed as loud as he could. "Oh, my! Everyone take a video of this!"

Everyone did as he said. Sooyoung saw the scene. "Yah, Park Chan-" Someone grabbed her arm. She looked back at the person.

"What the hell do you want?" She asked. The guy didn't speak. "I said what the hell do you want?!" She said as she looked at Joohyun who was kicked by a girl.

She was almost tearing up with a simple kick and her friend being treated like that. "You're only gonna make it worse." The guy behind Sooyoung said. Sooyoung started to cry. "Let go!" She whined softly.

He didn't let go, instead he brought her to the roof top. "You don't wanna look at the scene, right? Then stay here. If you go there, I'll jump off." He threatened Sooyoung.

"Why do you care?" Sooyoung asked as more tears fell. "I don't like seeing any girls in pain, that's why I speak up." He answered.

----------
"I'll think about what you can do for me. But just don't regret it." He said as he walked away.