Chapter 17: Rumors

There wasn't anything else surprising or shocking that happened for the next 2 days while helping the orphanage. But, Sooyoung's been avoiding Sungjae recently mostly because of what he's been doing. As for Joohyun and Chanyeol, they started dating but only they know about it. They decided to announce it after winter break. Hyerim took some time off school before the break, so no one knew they were in a relationship as well again since they believed Joohyun and Chanyeol were actually engaged. Not until a rumor spread around the university.

- - - - -

Once Joohyun entered the university, she tripped on someone's foot. "Oops... seems like you guys are already fighting. Why? Did you see what he did to you?" Joohyun looked at the girl who made her trip, and she didn't know who she was though. "This just proves it Joohyun, you can still be a gold digger even if you're rich."

Someone suddenly helped her stand up, "Who do you think you are to insult my best friend?" Sooyoung asked. "Hey, chairman's daughter Park Sooyoung. You should shut your mouth, turns out Joohyun and Chanyeol only pretended they were engaged, and you want to know why? It was for money. I have solid proof right here..." She smirked. An audio clip played from the university speakers:

"J-Joohyun wanted money from Chanyeol. She seduced Chanyeol and told her to announce her as his fiancée on his birthday birthday... sh-she told me all of it, and sh-she e-even laughed it off. Bae Joohyun and Park Chanyeol's relationship was all fake. None of it was real. I'm her best friend back from Mokpo, and she i-isn't the type of person you think she is. She did the same thing to other guys an--"

The recording suddenly glitched, and a different recording played instead.

"Just read the stuff on the paper! It's not so hard to do is it?! Remember, if you don't read this, your weak family business will go down into flames! Read it already Yerim-ah!"

"But Yuna unnie, I can't do this to Joohyun..."

"Read the freaking paragraph you bit--"

The recording stopped right there. Hyerim's sister, Yuna was speechless after that. Sooyoung chuckled. "Used Chanyeol? As if that would ever happen. You can leave now and stop with your jokes or else your reputation will get ruined. Since it's already ruined, I'll make it worse. I don't care if you do anything to me, but just remember that I posses more power that you. This university is all about the power a person posesses."

The two walked away from the scene. "She think she can just do that? Just wait until Catalina comes to her senses that Sungjae likes you..." Yuna mumbled to herself which no one else heard. She started to text someone.

"Meet me at the rooftop, Catalina. I have
some pretty shocking news."

She put her phone back in her bag, "Steal my sister's man, I'll ruin your life."

- - - - -

"Yes, sunbae?" Catalina asked Yuna as she opened the door to the rooftop. "You like Sungjae right?" She asked. "He's practically my boyfriend. Yes." She smiled. "Well, Sooyoung is seducing Sungjae, what about we experiment with their relationship?" Yuna smirked.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Catalina raised an eyebrow. "I'm just saying, we can use voice pinching and pretend that Sooyoung only used Sungjae to get closer to Chanyeol. And that Sooyoung's only staying with Joohyun because she's desparate for Chanyeol. I also heard that your father wanted to take Joohyun as a model... how about we do this. But, of course we'll spice it up and say that Sooyoung and Chanyeol are dating behind Joohyun's back."

Catalina was silent for a moment, but "If that would stop them then sure. Our company needs a good-looking model anyway. I'll get Joohyun as my friend, but I suggest you don't talk to me when I'm with her because of you know... of what happened earlier."

The two girls thought no one heard them, but that's what they thought... "You're going to do what now?"

"Oh, Hyerim, you're here. We're going to get your man back..."

"Unnie, I told you that I like someone else! You can't force me to date him anymore. Don't even try doing that to Joohyun if you do, then--"

"Then what? You can't control me. I'm the older sister. I swear, if you say a word to Joohyun, Sooyoung, Sungjae, Chanyeol or anyone else... you're not going to like how mom and dad will treat you." Yuna clenched her teeth. "Well, good luck... your first plan didn't go so well, I wonder how this one will go. The whole campus practically hates you now. What are you going to do about it?" Hyerim answered back.

"Don't worry, Ill succeed. I have THE Catalina Kim with me."

"You mean the girl that pretended she got pushed? How pathetic. Well, see you at the dinner party later. If you'll even have the guts to show up." She didn't stop.

"I'm only doing this for you..." Yuna tried making the situation better, "But it's not doing me any good. So stop right now or else." She threatened her older sister before walking back into the school. "I've never seen Hyerim act like that..." Catalina chuckled. "I know. And I also know this plan will work." A smirk was playing on her lips.

- - - - -

I'm back!! I know I haven't been updating but here I return with a short chapter. We've been fixing the storyline lately and to be honest, I've just been watching kdramas. Sorry for not updating! But from now on, I'll try to update every other day.