"What are you two up to?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you answering my question with a question?"

"Why are you asking me all of these questions?"

"You know what? I'm going to let you do you. I'll see you whenever you get back. Stay safe."

"We will." Kyrie cut the line. "Okay. He is pissed and I feel bad now."

"He'll get over it. He just really cares about you."

"Can we actually stop at a gas station, so I can get him—."

"A honey bun. No problem. We can also get some ice."

"Thank you." We soon pulled to RaceTrac and I made a mental note to get something for the guy that was trailing behind us with the gift. I held the door open as Maia walked in. I couldn't help but scrunch up my face when the air forcefully blew into my face. We went in opposite directions of the store. I got two bags of ice with two bottles of Gatorade and one bottle of Sprite. I went to look for Maia, so we could check out and I saw her talking to this guy. Her hands were full and she seemed to be in a daze even after he walked away.

"Are you okay?" She jumped at the sound of my voice.

"Yeah."

"You're acting like you just saw a ghost."

"I just thought I saw somebody I knew."

"Who?"

"It doesn't matter. Let's go pay for this stuff, so we can leave."

"Okay." When she dumped the stuff onto the counter, I could tell what was for who. She got Kyrie's honey bun, tropical skittles for Benita, a Snickers bar for Kareem, a bag of Doritos for our helper, a bag of Fritos for herself, and a bag of Ritz cheese bits for me. We paid for everything and hopped in the car soon after. I switched on the ignition and backed up out of the parking space. Once we were on the road, I went to my playlists and pressed play on Gunna's 'Baby Birkin'. I saw Maia make a funny face.

"You don't like my man?"

"I think he's cool, but I think he's trying too hard to be Young Thug. Plus, I prefer Lil Baby over him."

"Everybody knows Gunna is better."

"I wouldn't have known who Gunna was if it wasn't for Lil Baby."

"Wow, I'll just put him on then."

"You don't have to do that."

"Nah, I don't mind. I want to see how much of a fan you are." I switched to 'Close Friends' and I saw a smile creep onto her face. I really don't understand why females love this song. I wasn't surprised when she knew all the words. When we got to the house and after I settled the guy, we carefully entered the house trying to stay out of Kyrie's sight. I saw my cousin Kenia in the kitchen, trying to calm her baby girl down from all that hollering she was doing.

"Kenia, I haven't seen you in a while girl."

"Whose fault is that? You must be Maia."

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"We have this group chat and Kyrie told us to be on our best behavior when you got here. He showed us what you looked like and told us how amazing you are."

"Oh really?" Maia looked at me and I rubbed the back of my neck, looking away.

"This is the first time I've seen him in love."

"I have that kind of effect on everyone, but that's by the way. What's wrong with this beautiful angel?"

"I don't know. I've checked her diaper, fed her, and tried bouncing her but nothing works."