Chapter 20

"Riding to the music, this is how we do it (all night), all night
Breezing down the freeway just me and my baby, in our ride
Just me and my boss, no worries at all
Listening to the Aston Martin Music, Music."
Rick Ross ft. Chrisette Michele & Drake "Aston Martin Music"

Maia

City/hot girl summer is now over because it's a new season. Notice how I didn't mention the boys since they seem to be doing their own sh*t all year. People had this misconception that women wanted to be h*es and gold diggers for the summer. We just wanted to make ourselves the priority while securing the bag, trying new things, feeling confident, and not being tied down by the expectations of men. It was just bad b*tches experiencing pure happiness all summer long.

"9, 10. Ready or not, here I come!" I uncovered my eyes and scanned the room for the apples of my eye. I immediately saw a figure moving behind the curtains. I wasn't sure if it was Lauryn or Joshua, so I moved closer while keeping my eyes peeled for my other baby. They are gradually becoming pros at this game. They used to think that hiding behind their hands or laying on the floor made them invisible, but now they know better.

"Where are they? Maybe they're hiding behind the couch." I said aloud as I tiptoed over to the curtains. I heard giggling and I saw red socks at the bottom of the curtains, which means that it's Lauryn behind there. I pulled them towards me to reveal my baby girl, smiling proudly.

"You found me!" Lozza threw her hands up.

"Yes, I did. You did a good job of hiding." I picked her up and spun her around, before placing her down on the ground again. "Now, let's look for Joshua."

"Okay!" She led me around the living room, holding my hand. We checked by the TV and under the lamp tables, but we didn't find him. He must have found a good spot or he is just blending in so well like a chameleon. Lauryn suddenly tugged on my pants and when I looked down at her, I followed her pointed index finger at the ghost behind a plant in the corner of the room.

Why didn't I see him before?

The blanket he's using as a disguise is sage, which is a few shades lighter than the green of the golden cane palm tree. I placed a finger over my lips, so Joshua wouldn't know that we were sneaking up on him. I counted off three fingers before we pulled off the blanket from Joshua's body.

"Got you!" Lauryn screamed.

"Good job. Wasn't that fun?" I pinched his cheeks.

"Yes. Again?"

"How about we go blow some bubbles?" Their eyes immediately lit up. Yesterday, I bought a bunch of giant wands at Five Below for a dollar each.

"Yay!"

"Go put your shoes on and don't run." I yelled as they took off to their rooms. I folded the blanket and placed it onto the arm of one of the couches before there was a knock at the door. I walked to the door and saw Olivia standing there through the peephole. I opened it and she was smiling as brightly as ever.

"Girl, I was wondering when you would get here. How are you?" I hugged her.

 How are you?" I hugged her