Chapter 17

"When it feels this good, you better keep it
(When it feels this good, you better keep it)
When it feels this good, you better keep her around, yeah (keep her around)
When it feels this good she get the key to the house, yeah (key to the)
I'ma treat her like a spouse."
PARTYNEXTDOOR "Peace of Mind"

Maia

Neon lights, unique shops, multiple restaurants, confetti covering the ground, red lanterns, music booming from the speakers, and sweet aromas hailing from the numerous food trucks.

They're all part of the Chinatown Summer Nights experience, which is a food event/summer party that takes place on the second Saturday of each month from June to August.

I've only been to Chinatown in L.A. once and it was for my high school graduation dinner at Yang Chow. The small taste of China I get from this neighborhood makes me want to go visit the Mainland, so I can get the full experience. China has such a rich culture and a beautiful scenery; I already know that I'm going to get real thick from all the food.

I just don't want to go there and offend any of the locals. I'll have to do research on the rules of etiquette and manners before I travel. My trip will probably be difficult since there aren't a lot of people who speak English. I also want to go to Japan for the same reasons, including fashion. Tokyo is quickly becoming a fashion capital of the world in addition to London, Milan, New York, and Paris. It's nice to get exposed to fashion trends in other countries, so you can develop a well-rounded style. The new knowledge I acquire at fashion shows there could be an inspiration for future collections in my own company.

The gang is having a chill night out. Bands have been performing all night, gourmet chefs have been giving us cooking demonstrations, and professionals have been face painting people of all ages. There is supposed to be a magician coming out soon and I'm excited for that. I hope Damson and Summer get here before it starts. I wonder why they're not here yet.

"I think it's empty." Kyrie knocked me out of my thoughts. We're currently waiting for our food from the Tokyo Doggie Style food truck.

"What?"

"You're making a slurping sound. I don't think the cup can fit through that straw." I looked down at my hand and suddenly remembered that I had my drink in my left hand. It's a peach lemonade with the real fruit inside. I'm not a huge fan of eating peaches, but I like trying juices that have them. It's just like how I don't like eating mangoes, but I love beverages that include them.

I pulled my mouth away from the straw and shook the cup only to hear the ice cubes clink against each other. I must have been really thirsty since it's so hot out here.